News Petition to slash EA’s price on World Adventures

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Petition to slash EA’s price on World Adventures

Quite a few people are upset with the fact that World Adventures will be priced higher than the Sims 2 expansions – mainly due to the fact that EA is shoving the Simpoints cards in the box, trying to get us to use them in their stores.* I’d like to state that this doesn’t really bother me…because in the end I will pick it up at the regular price – either via a retail sale or wait.* However, word has it that ‘Reclaim your Game‘ set up a petition for those who disagree with the $40 pricetag, in which you can sign here.* If you really want to start a movement, I suggest standing behind these folks – they did play a HUGE role in helping stop SecuROM!

We, the undersigned, petition Electronic Arts to lower the worldwide price of The Sims 3: World Adventures scheduled for release on 17 November 2009 in North America.
    As you can see, these are the scheduled recommended retail prices at release for World Adventures and a comparison in price of the original recommended retail price of The Sims 2: Apartment Life—the last instalment of expansions for The Sims 2—in brackets:

AU:* $59.95 ($49.95)
    UK:* £29.99 (£19.99)
    US:* $40 ($30)

We understand that World Adventures will come with US$10 worth of SimPoints and fifteen exclusive items for download upon product registration. However, we feel that this price increase is unreasonable, unfair and unjustified. As stated above the varying prices planned globally are very expensive and fall in line with the cost of a full game rather than an expansion pack.* A significant portion of players will not use the SimPoints that come with the game as they have no interest in using the Sims 3 Store.

We believe there should be an option for players who do not want the SimPoints.* We propose that the retail price should be both affordable and reasonable for all consumers. We believe that the retail price should be in line with that of previous Sims expansion titles. And finally, we believe that Electronic Arts should include an e-card that promotes The Sims 3 Store.* With this option, people can choose to buy SimPoints only if they wish to.

We request Electronic Arts to respect their consumer’s financial situation and maintain the price of their Expansion Packs at Sims 2 levels for the forseeable future.

Regards from loyal fans of The Sims series.

Click here to sign the petition for *Stop Inflating Your Prices, EA!*

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Fat chance of it doing any good!