Troubleshooting "please insert the right DVD into the DVD Drive" HELP

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by bearaboo78, Jun 19, 2007.

1. bearaboo78

bearaboo78 New Member

"please insert the right DVD into the DVD Drive" HELP

Okay, so I've had the sims 2 for about 3 years now and it has always worked (it's the DVD drive version, but it still works on my computer). Lately when i've tried to start it, it stops and says I need to install the correct DVD-rom into the drive. I've cleaned the disc and I've put it in, and restart the computer, but it hasn't worked at all. HELP. please and thanks :)

2. Esteldin

Esteldin New Member

if you put another dvd's on your driver, the dvd drive read them?

3. dangerousgem

dangerousgem New Member

Have you added any expansion packs lately?
    What exactly is the error message?

4. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

5. bearaboo78

bearaboo78 New Member

okay so other dvds do work on it, and the error message exactly says:

Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application

thanks!

6. bearaboo78

bearaboo78 New Member

i haven't added any expansion packs at all, even though i really really want them :rolleyes:

7. dangerousgem

dangerousgem New Member

There might be conflicting software, have you added any new software lately?
    ok, a few things you could try here:
    Update your dvd drivers.
    Close all background tasks before starting the game.
    Use a registry cleaner if you haven't done that recently.
    Use your antivirus program to make sure you haven't got any viruses.

8. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

I recently upgraded my graphics and sound cards and when I tried to play Bejeweled 2 and SimCity 4 (both were installed prior to the graphics card upgrade) I got a message asking me to use the correct cd, or the one I used to register the game with. I could use other cds and dvds normally, it was just those two that were a problem. In the end I uninstalled each game and re-installed without any problems at all. Not sure if it was due to the upgrades I did to the pc but it just seemed too coincidental. They both work fine now.

My suggestion is to back up your game - copy the ENTIRE folder called The Sims 2, in EA Games, My Documents, and when you've saved a copy to your desktop, uninstall the game, re-install and replace the new The Sims 2 folder with your saved game.