Post Your Ideas for The Best Sims 2!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Jun 25, 2003.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Post Your Ideas for The Best Sims 2!!

Well just starting a thread on items you want to see in The Sims 2

A few of the ideas I had were:

1) Driveable Cars
    2) Aging
    3) Networkable (meaning play via LAN or with friends over internet)
    4) Multiple Floors
    5) Real Time Shading like in DOOM 3
    6) Official Object Creation Tool
    7) Business Model Oriented (like able to goto work with your sims)

Post your ideas!!

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

individual clothes choices; different clothes in different sims closets.
    So they don't all have to wear the same thing.

3. Jake

Jake New Member

Re: Post Your Ideas for The Best Sims 2!!

They already are making these.. sims go from tots to seniors to dead. and you can have mutliple floors, including basement and attic.

i think different needs for different sims would be cool, like one sim might only need 5 hours of sleep while another might need 9 hours of sleep and one sim could do with talking to one sim a week and another sim would have to talk to somesim every day for their social to be up... and so on..

4. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

I think that would be a very cool idea, Pez.
    It would be nice to have sims with multiple personalities.

I hope they add enough new stuff to the game that it isn't like a new expansion where you get bored of it within a few weeks. :)

One question... will your sims be allowed to smoke and drink in this game so it'll affect them in later life?

5. Jake

Jake New Member

I dont think they've said anything like that in the reviews/previews yet. but it would be cool to have that option. I wouldn't be too surprised if they dont have it, somethin like "dont want teenagers to think its ok to smoke cause their sims teenagers smoke" or somethin like :p

6. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Very true. I wonder if unplanned events will affect them. Like in simcity you have the occasion ufo or hail storm?

7. Jake

Jake New Member

Possibly, they have given small hints to things like that. Saying such things like "events in their early life will affect them all of their lives" and such. So who knows? I do know that planned events (school and such) affect them, like the choice to not study in school and not to work out/play sports and to eat junk food makes you an unattractive, lazy, unsucsessful sim most likely.

I think it would be cool to have different intelligences, like one sim be smarter than another sim and have that affect their school life. like if a sim teen doesnt do anything about getting help then they continue to fail school, and maybe even stay back a grade. and other sim children be simchild geniuses and be in high school when they are 12.

8. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

therez sno i wonder if there will still b prank phone calls

9. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

that wiould be cool to have prank calls. I would even want to be tthe one making the calls!

10. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

yea id rather make prank phone calls than recieve them

11. TSUnleashedToTS2

TSUnleashedToTS2 New Member

I think there should be community areas like in Unleashed, and not have to buy an expansion. There should be options to drive and if there are unplanned events, i think someone dying in a fire is a huge possibilty from what I've done in previous games (especially consoles versions). Lol It would be funny to see the fire in the new graphics system.

12. FinalFantasy4ever

you can see fires in a movie i saw:) it was mostly little children with the fires

13. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

14. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

lol yeah that one kid in the sims 2 video was always catching stuff on fire! that was great!

15. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

that wuz so funny!

16. lilfaeriegirl078

i also liked the girl who kept swinging from da fan blades! that was hilarious!

17. FinalFantasy4ever

18. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

yea that wuz funny 2

19. lilfaeriegirl078

the other funny part was when the girl who jsut got married thru a tantrum on the floor. it was funny stuff man!

20. Jake

Jake New Member

i wish i could watch the movies :( but i only get a 48k connection so it takes a few hours to download the whole movie ::)( still.. the image of a baby girl swinging around a ceiling fan is pretty funny :p

I think sims with mental disorders would cool :p and have to send them to a mental ward where other more 'sane' sims could visit them.. maybe even have white padded rooms :p