News PR: EA to showcase powerful slate of titles at Gamescom 2010

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

PR: EA to showcase powerful slate of titles at Gamescom 2010

I’m not sure why EA mentioned ‘The Sims 3 World Adventures’ as one of their games they’ll be shown at Gamescom 2010…If I had to guess, I think that they mean The Sims 3 Late Night.* Either way, expect this site to be flooded with reports for DarkSpore, The Sims 3 on consoles, The Sims 3 Medieval, The Sims 3 Late Night (and possibly The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff).* Also, if I had to guess, I’m sure MySims SkyHeroes will be demoed in the bunch as well.

FIFA, Need for Speed, Medal of Honor and The Sims Among Top Franchises to Reveal Deep Innovation and New Experiences for Consumers

COLOGNE, Germany, Aug 13, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) today announced plans for gamescom 2010 in Cologne. EA will showcase a powerful slate of titles representing a selection of leading franchises across the company’s Games, Sports and Play Labels. Media and consumers are invited for hands on experience with a whole host of innovative game play that highlights the company’s focus on delivering fewer, better games and building direct to consumer digital offerings.

“Gamescom has grown to become the largest show for interactive entertainment, and offers a unique chance for us to engage directly with consumers, retailers and media at one event,” said Jens Uwe Intat, Senior Vice President and General Manager for EA Publishing in Europe. “Our line up demonstrates the intense focus we have on building quality games with deep innovation for our consumers, and it’s great to see the industry coming together to create such a milestone event in Europe”.

Five EA and EA Partner titles at gamescom have already received early recognition for their outstanding quality. The gamescom 2010 award nominations were announced today and include:

FIFA 11 – Best Console
    Star Wars(TM:( The Old Republic(TM) – Best Online and Best of gamescom
    Crysis(R) 2 – Best PC, Best of gamescom
    The Sims(TM) 3 console – Best Mobile title (NDS)
    Rock Band(R) 3 instruments – Best Hardware

EA at gamescom 2010

Tuesday, August 17th, 4:00pm
    EA Press Briefing: The Palladium, Schanzenstraße 36, Gebäude 197, 51063 Cologne
    A live stream of the press conference will be available at http://live-event.ea.com/gamescom/live/

August 18th-22nd
    EA Booth: Hall 6.1 (A074)
    Games on show: Crysis 2, Darkspore(TM), Dragon Age(TM) 2, FIFA 11, FIFA Manager 11, Medal of Honor(TM), Need For Speed(TM) Hot Pursuit, Rock Band 3, The Sims 3 on console, Star Wars: The Old Republic. For iPod(TM:( The Sims 3, The Sims(TM) 3 World Adventures, EA SPORTS FIFA 10, 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa(TM), and for iPad(TM:( Need For Speed Shift, Command & Conquer(TM) Red Alert, SCRABBLE, Mirror’s Edge(TM), Tetris(R).

Behind closed door game demonstrations in EA’s Business lounge, Hall 5.1. Open to media only
    Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, Darkspore, Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, EA SPORTS Active 2, FIFA 11, FIFA Manager 11, EA SPORTS(TM) MMA, Medal Of Honor, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Rock Band 3, The Sims(TM) Medieval, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows(TM) – Part 1, The Sims 3 on console. Madden NFL 11 for iPhone as well as MONOPOLY Streets will be available for hands-on play in the EA Business Lounge.

More information, screenshots and fact sheets at: info.ea.com.