Pregnancy. Anyone experienced this?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jakethedane, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Pregnancy. Anyone experienced this?

Hi all.
    I have a couple who had a child. She grew up, became a teen and now the parents wants another child. They are adult not older yet, but they just cant seem to make another child. They tried while the girl was a toddler, a child and now a teen. Whats wrong? Have you tried the same thing?
    I want to create a huge family tree, so over the generations, there will be cousins and aunts and uncles all over the place.

2. mglp

mglp New Member

Maybe you should have both of them see a doctor?

peace

3. stonegolem

stonegolem New Member

sometimes you have to try like 5 times or more to get it to work I have. but it works eventually. sometimes i have my sims try like 5 times in a day or until it works.

4. PhooshQT

PhooshQT New Member

Yeah, sometimes it just doesn't happen easily...you should try it when their needs and aspiration meter are high...that may make a difference.

5. zydeco

zydeco New Member

I had trouble with one couple but woohooing in public seemed to do the trick! lol

6. Ningengirai

Ningengirai Cadwallader

Just keep trying. I know that the Elder cannot get pregnant anymore ( not sure if the Elder males can IMpregnate a younger woman, though ), but as long as they're still adult, it should work. My 'test' couple just got their first baby and I sent them to bed a day or so after the baby was born to try for another child, and the woman promptly was pregnant again. Took me four tries to get the third baby, though.

7. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

Yes, an elder man can impregnate an adult woman.

You should try adopting kids if you can't get your sims pregnant. Apart from lack of genetics (which is possibly what you really want with your big extended family, I don't know) the adopted kids are exactly the same as your own kids.

Cass. :alien:

8. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

So how many kids have all of your sim couple have?

9. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Well, it worked. Really worked. She got pregnant again and just gave birth to twin babies. ****! You wanted something so bad, and when it finally comes, its too much. *lol*

10. BrynHilde

BrynHilde New Member

One of my families is getting a bit large... Started out as one, she married and they had a kid, and another, and twins, and another on the way...

I wasn't particularly trying for them or anything and started wondering why, then discovered that whenever their 'fun' meter got low the couple would WooHoo for fun...

Hence I have a woman that is not even a quarter through her adult life, with 5 kids... and no signs of slowing down. She died while pregnant once too, but a good bit of pleading pulled her back :p

11. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Elder males can, indeed, impregnate adult females. Elder females are no longer fertile, however. In fact, the virility of an elder male seems more or less unaffected. He doesn't even have to try more often to succeed. Males also make the transition to Elder much more gracefully. The women really come apart, they look much worse than they do in real life many times. No amount of exercise works off that abdominal bulge.