SimCity Societies prob with simcity 4 deluxe on mac via parallels

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by soul_scion, May 21, 2009.

1. soul_scion

soul_scion New Member

prob with simcity 4 deluxe on mac via parallels

hi

i installed simcity 4 deluxe on my mac through the parallels desktop software (my game being a pc game) and i started playing it fine. i then changed the screen resolution and the game told me that the changes wouldn't initiate until a restart. anyways, i saved my game and went to replay the game. it runs the only problem is that there's just a black screen now - there's a split second of pink static and then i can see the image of the game - and then it just stays black and i can't do anything. i mean its running i.e the music is playing, if i randomly click it (i.e the 'map' page) will open a game file but the blackness....why????

help please???

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Maybe the software you're using needs to be updated or else your video driver needs updated.

3. soul_scion

soul_scion New Member

but it just worked like 5 mins before and the laptop is brand new.

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Maybe one of the Mac nerds on here would know more than I do.
    No offense to any MAC users! :ducks:

5. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Mac is evil. Is this parallels software some kind of VM? I would look around the SC4 install location for some kind of configuration document and see if you can edit the screen resolution in that. I don't have SC4 installed on this desktop right now, if I install it later I will try and find the config file and post back.