Troubleshooting Problem with custom houses in neighborhood screen

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by BacardiSilver126, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Cyricc

Cyricc Goblin Techies

Everything will be saved as long as you back up the folder EA Games\The Sims 2 inside My Documents.

One last thing... go to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Storytelling, and search for a bitmap file in there called Screenshot.bmp or Snapshot.bmp. Is it all black, or does it show the last camera snapshot you took?

2. BacardiSilver126

BacardiSilver126 New Member

The snapshots I took do not appear anywhere on my computer. At least not where I can find them. I'm going to try looking again, just to make sure, but as of right now it doesn't look like I'll find them.

So at this point are we all leaning towards a reinstall as the only way to fix this?

3. BacardiSilver126

I found them. Not a single one of the snapshots I have taken since I got the game has come out as anything but a black box. How very disappointing.

4. BacardiSilver126

New twist to problems in neighborhood screen

So get this - I found out my "stack" of graphics has nothing to do with build mode.

I created a new sim, just one, moved him into a Maxis house, and bought him furniture to put in it. That's it.

I didn't even change the walls or floors, or move windows - nothing. All I did was buy and place furniture, and that was enough to add a nice big blob onto my neighborhood screen.

What the heck is going on with this thing? I was going to reinstall it this weekend until that happened. Apparently it has nothing to do with build mode. Anyone have any new ideas?

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Look. Until you reinstall you're not gonna know. OK? I agree with all previous advice on this subject ... including Maxis's excellent advice.

(And in future please don't start new threads that are continuations of active one ... the original was still high in the list.)