SimCity Societies Problem with game it wont start up attall

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Nick031287, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Nick031287

Nick031287 New Member

Problem with game it wont start up attall

i have a very strange issue with my game and it started off with a Run time error but once i updated it with patch 3 now nothing comes up attall

My computer specs are:

Vista ultamate (32bit)
    2x 8800Ultras in SLI
    4 GB ram
    Intell 2.93ghz quad core processor (QX6800)
    X-Fi soundcard
    24 inch monitor (1920x1200)

i have no idea what is going wrong here i dont know what to do i tried everything!!!! but it just wont come on attall!! i just baught this game an now its frustrating me! someone help me with any solutions

2. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

No error messages? Hmmm... I'm not sure where to start...have you tried reinstalling the game?

By the way, off-topic here but I have to ask - how many watts is your power supply? I plan to build a PC very similiar to yours and need to know if my 650W power supply will handle it.

3. Nick031287

Nick031287 New Member

1000 watts, more than enough ;) i know my harware is completly up to date for sure lol as you can see you can barly get better than that so dont worry bout anything along that, only thing that is causing a particular problem is somewhere in the system something i'm missing maybe? something i dont know lol

anyway i get the error message comes up saying the runtime error but when i update to patch 3 nothing happens attall! yeah i reinstalled it so umm, i gonna work out this problem on the original version so i know if its working from that or not so when it does work i'kll patch then, shouldent be problems after that

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

From what I've heard pertaining to Quad cores is the game doesn't recognize them.
    There were some threads over in the Help forum of The Sims Resource pertaining to this issue.
    Another thing you might try is disabling Sli as it doesn't do a thing for the game.

5. Nick031287

Nick031287 New Member

i find it unlikley it has anything to do with my quad core, an i tried running it using 1 core anyway same thing, an i turned SLI off nothing diffrent, but i have a question, the game patches do i have to install all 3 patches or does number 3 contain all of them anyway? cause i install straight to the 3rd patch

6. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Number 3 contains all of the previous patches. Let us know exactly what the error is saying and report it here, it will be helpful on trying to solve your problem.

7. Nick031287

Nick031287 New Member

Attached Files:

8. jorgex13

jorgex13 New Member

You might want to uninstall it and install it again