Troubleshooting problems running sims3

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by FaerieQueen, Dec 26, 2009.

1. FaerieQueen

FaerieQueen New Member

problems running sims3

I'm having a problem running the sims3 on my laptop. I thought I had all the requirements but maybe I don't. Anyway it runs fine for a few minutes then the screen starts to jump and flicker. OMG it drives me nuts. As soon as I exit it stops, so it HAS to be something in the game. Attatched is my diag file maybe it will help. My laptop is less than a year old.

Attached Files:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

It should play but the intel graphics chipset will have it's limits.
    Are you using a laptop cooler by chance?
    Playing the game while connected to the net, playing music, etc?
    If you are try disconnecting the internet cable, turn off the firewall and anti-virus and just play the game.
    If the laptop is black screening out it could be overheating for which I would suggest you buy a laptop cooling stand from say Best Buy .
    You shouldn't have to pay more than $20 US for it as there are some that are ridiculously priced.
    Before you do any of what I suggested make sure you have the latest video drivers from your laptop's support site and make sure your DirectX is up to date too.
    I would look into downloading a temperature monitoring program so you can check your temps while the game is running and see how hot it is running.
    Real Temp is a good program try that and tell us how how your laptop is running when the game is running or when you have to shut it down.