Troubleshooting Problems running the game after install...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by gislib, Oct 18, 2006.

1. gislib

gislib New Member

Problems running the game after install...

I've been looking for an answer for this problem all over the internet. They all say the same thing and it doesn't work... :(

Hoping you guys could help... After installing, I try to run the game and get this error:

[​IMG]

Now, I am computer savvy, and I know I have more than enough of the requirements to run the game.

Screenshots from direct x here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the other sites I've gone to haveridiculous answers, such as putting the windowed flag after the command line in the shortcut and setting the desktop color depth to 16 bit instead of 32 bit. Even though I thought it was ridiculous, I tried it anyway with no luck.

I've tried installing the game on another computer. It doesn't have as good specs as this one, but still more than enough to run the game. Same thing happens.

I know my drivers are a bit old, but they're the newest ones from toshiba and I can't run the ones from NVidia... Probably some inf file problem.

The game is fully updated.

Please help, this error is driving me mad, since I'm usually able to fix this kind of stuff...

edit: Forgot to add the dxdiag saved information file... here it is

2. simcrazy5000

simcrazy5000 Random Crazy Person

That is very strange....im not sure if this is Aplicable...but you can try it anyway - CLICK HERE

3. simcrazy5000

Dam - nevermind i didn't see that part there...
    this is tough...I have contacted EA to see what they can say about it and i will have a response within 24 of ~5:18PM EST~
    soooooo, i will be on by tommorow evening to post what they say...

4. gislib

gislib New Member

Thanks for the response. I hope this gets resolved. :)

5. simcrazy5000

for some reason EA is too special and busy to answer my e-mails so I'll get back to you as soon as they get back to me.

6. gislib

gislib New Member

Thanks, I appreciate it.

7. simcrazy5000

Finnally i have a response, Click Here to read it, follow the instructions and post back on this website to tell me if it works, or if it didn't and whats going on.

8. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

gislib has DirectX 9.0c - the latest version available, unless you're using windows Vista :rolleyes:

9. simcrazy5000

thats what i was thinking when i read it too i couldn't understand why she said that but i put it up anyway...ummmm...he should still try reinstalling it though

Are you using vista Flame?

10. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

I still think it's the outdated drivers that are causing the problem.

11. gislib

gislib New Member

I actually already tried that. It didn't work. Tried it again, though with no luck. The problem is that I have the same problem on another computer which has an ATI 9600 XT card, might be old, but it's enough. I have the newest drivers there, directx is totally up to date, but the same problem occurs.

I'm starting to think it might be my Windows XP Pro SP2 Corporate which is installed on both machines. That's the only thing they have in common other than the same Sims 2 CD having been used to install the game from.

12. gislib

gislib New Member

Well, I also have the same antivirus program installed on both computers, but I already tried turning it off with no luck.

Thanks for your help though, it is appreciated.

13. simcrazy5000

I don't think it's the OS, it could be the CDs

14. gislib

gislib New Member

I downloaded the ISO to try and install without the CDs, just in case it was them. Got the same error. I think I officially give up.