Troubleshooting Problems With Installation Disk 2

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by anybodyelse, Mar 29, 2006.

1. simcrazy5000

simcrazy5000 Random Crazy Person

Could you really do that with-out messing something up?

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Yes, just try to blow the dust out, not further in.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I think Josh has mentioned this before, elsewhere. He specifically mentioned that the drive should first be removed from the tower case. I would think that good advice because one would not want to risk blowing the kind of gunk that might get inot a CD drawer all through the rest of the computer's bits and pieces.

4. simcrazy5000

BEFORE DOING THE FOLLOWING READ THIS FIRST!
    a. Clean all disks though and through especially disk 2 in your case
    b. Make sure you have room and your computer to do this preferably about 10 GB (5GB for the CDs and 5GB for the game just in case) 9GB should work too

1.Go into my Computer
    2.then Into your Local HardDrive - commonly ( C: )
    3.Create a Folder Called 'Disk Images' without the quotes
    4.inside that folder create 4 new folders each one specified to a CD (name the first folder disk1 and the next disk2 and so on.)
    5. Pop in CD 1.
    6. Open My Computer Again.
    7. Right Click on the CD drive
    8. Click on either 'Explore' or 'Open'
    9. Click on the Edit tab or whatever you want to call it and click 'Select All'
    10. Click Edit again and click copy
    11. Go into folder labeled 'disk1' that you created earlier
    12. click on edit and then paste.
    13. do this for all CDs and always use folder corresponding to the CD (for example: CD 2 you would put into folder labled 'disk2'
    14. after all CDs are copied, double click on the autoplay.exe file in the folder labled 'disk1'
    15. continue with the installation as if it were with the CDs

-Nick;)

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Thanks, Nick.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but the EA support instructions specifiy the disc image folder names with a capital D: Disk1, Disk2, Disk3, & Disk4

[This post has been edited after the reply #26 by simcrazy5000, because I originally typed: Disc1, Disc2, Disc3, & Disc4 ;;; oops :eek:]

6. simcrazy5000

I did it with the 'k' instead of the 'c' i thought it said 'disk' on the EA support though, but yeah you might want to do it with capital D in Disk1, Disk2, Disk3, and Disk4, you're probably right

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I think your right about the K, Nick. That's a lesson for me there ... a difference in UK and US spelling can screw up the best advice in the world; it is the main reason why I link to EA articles for complex instruction sets because a single typo can spoil someone's day ... :(

8. simcrazy5000

ain't that the truth

9. caleb_720_ourocks

caleb_720_ourocks New Member

It all works great till i get to the part where i have to open the autoplay.exe file. there is no autoplay.exe in Disk 1 file:confused:

10. caleb_720_ourocks

caleb_720_ourocks New Member

disreguard my lasy post! I have a question on those instructions. What do you do on the last step when it asks for disk 2 since the disks arent even in the drive. Please reply back and tell me what to do.

Thanks, Caleb