Troubleshooting Problems with interface - please help!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Ririn, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Ririn

Ririn New Member

Problems with interface - please help!

Hello, I have just discovered a problem with my Sims 2 Freetime (particularly the menus, prompts, etc)
    Here is the story. I've been having Sims 2 on my computer for a while now, and I installed the version in Russian language. It has been working perfectly, the interfaces being in Russian. However, after stuffing it with some custom downloads, my interface started having English words instead of Russian here and there. Some whole words and sentences (like questions when buying or building a lot) were missing as well. I entered a random lot and voila - the needs' titles are blank. I'm only having the needs' bars without knowing their corresponding titles. Is there some way to fix this without uninstalling the game and/or going through custom content one by one to know what caused the problem? Perhaps some language pack or modifying certain files to get it all in Russian or English again?
    I'd be very grateful if you help.

Ririn
    PS: I wouldn't like to uninstall the game because the CD is not with me anymore.

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Remove all mods first. If the problem goes away then you know it's a mod that's causing the issue. If so, do the 50/50 method. Remove half your mods and see if that works, if there's no problem, then you know that the problem is with one of the mods you removed. Add half of the problem mods back in, and so on. When you find the mod causing the problem, delete it and see if there's an updated copy available.