Troubleshooting Problems with the Sims 3 on PC

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Ruth, May 24, 2011.

1. Ruth

Ruth New Member

So basically, my Sims 3 isnt working properly. Ive only got the first disc, no expansions etc. It first started yesterday, I bought some new items from the Store, and downloaded them. Then when I went to my downloads to obviously upload them to the actual game, they werent there. I then went onto the help part of the Sims 3 Store, and it informed me what to do, which was to log onto my Account and view Purchase History. When attempting to do this, the website cuts off half of the login box so I cant select the LOGIN button. So I tab down, and press ENTER, it then tells me Password is wrong, which I know its not, I changed it just yesterday. My other problem is, is halfway through playing the game, it will cut off back to my homescreen on my laptop, and say that there is a problem with the game, and it asks me to either DEBUG or CLOSE PROGRAM. I choose DEBUG, it goes back onto Gameplay, but then the Graphics are lousy. Is it the actual Game or is it the Laptop. I cant seem to work out which it is. A bit of light shed on to these problems from someone would be of great help. Thank you. :) - Ruth

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It sounds like you may have a combination problem. The problem with the store is probably that the site wasn't working properly. That happens on occasion. But with the game, it may be that your laptop is overheating. Have you made sure that the air intakes are all free of dust and that you have the laptop on something other than your lap. It doesn't have good enough air exchange if you are putting it on something soft like your lap or a bed. It needs to be on a desk, table or (preferably) a cooling pad.

Also, you didn't post your dxdiag to see if the computer itself is having to work overtime.