Question?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by REDXIII, Jul 30, 2003.

1. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

is expect it 2 b either the same or harder

2. mattho

mattho New Member

I think it'd be kind of the same - but making the artificial intelligence better would be a huge help (which Maxis are apparantly doing, of course) .:)

3. Jake

Jake New Member

eeshh.. so much was discussed here i cant remember it all to respond to it :p As for the console stuff, i've only heard that they considered the console games as sims 1.5 and so prolly wouldn't release sims2 on consoles... and i'm wondering where the 4 story house was seen.. i've seen one that /*could/* have been 4 stories, but it was impossible to tell for sure. there were no windows where the basement would have been and the patio that went down another level could have just done that, gone down a level and not be connected to the house at all except by those stairs. however, i do know that there will be at least 4 stories because in a press release they said 3 or 4 stories.. so...

4. mattho

mattho New Member

I don't know why everyone is so excited about basements. They're just rooms underground to me :) I like the whole deck/patio idea though, it looks really wicked! It looks kind of hard to construct, but then again, we haven't had the chance to play the game yet. Same goes for building on slopes and mountains I guess - how will that work, eh?

5. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

im ecxcited bout basements cuz half the houses im gonna build-reba, cosby, mi howse all have basements

6. REDXIII

REDXIII New Member

man houses are gonna cost ALOTE OF $$$$$$

7. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

8. katrina

katrina New Member

you can take a doll home. If you are a doctor you get a special object that you can take home with you when you reach a certain stage in your career (called a career object). You get something in all careers. You take home a dummy thing with human body parts when you're a doctor. That lie dectector thing (can't remember the proper name) is another job object. It enable you to build skills faster. So the parent can go further in their career. And their children can also play with them and build skills faster too, so they'll be able to advance even easier and faster than their parents.

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Wow the take home career objects sound interesting! And I'm looking forward to making basements, I've been trying to rig up something like a basement SOMEHOW for forever but I can't get the land low enough and then high enough and line up the stairs between the stories right. :p

10. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

multi-terraced houses....... think of the possibilities. The more I read the more intriguing S2 sounds. But the trailer where the girl tears off her top and leaps on the guy... is, well, kind of embarrassing.

11. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

well i doubt the sims will look that good in ts2.. they'll look good, but not promo movie good...

12. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Is there going to be any cheats on The Sims 2 to afford those big houses? I don't recall ever hearing if there was going to be..

Would be nice if the actual game has as good of graphics as the trailers would lead us to believe. But imagin how much memory it would take up. :O :)

13. lilfaeriegirl078

i heard some rumor about the money cheat being moolah for the sims 2 but i think it should be flower related like in the sims1 like daffodil or something

14. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

lol rosebud wuz close enugh lol

15. lilfaeriegirl078

but wouldnt u like typing in daffodilpetal;!;!;!;!
    ??? lol!

16. katrina

katrina New Member

I don't want to know the cheat too soon. I'd be too tempted to use it. I want to try not cheating at first and see how I manage without cheating. Cheating tends to be too easy and I'll probably get bored faster.

17. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I played the original sims with the cheat almost from the start, but it's been just this last year or so I've been having fun trying to work my sims up WITHOUT the money cheat. :p

18. lilfaeriegirl078

well im not going to use the money cheat at first, but if the family gets into moeny troubles......

19. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I always had a horrible time trying to start out under buget. It was like you had and hole in the wall and couldn't afford to paint it........ and if you made a big family to start with, there was no way to keep them happy.

20. katrina

katrina New Member

I wonder how difficult it will be to make money without cheating in sims2. they might make it easier....