quotes/sayings/wise words

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jake, Oct 23, 2002.

1. sugar_junkie

sugar_junkie Active Member

yep,thatz a real tricky one! ;)

2. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

What would they do unto you? My guess is that, in general, a person would do unto me that which I do not want doing. If, on occasion, I meet a person who is different then I can treat them differently.
    It is a cleverly worded bit of nonsense, meant to be whatever you take it to be.
    Nina: You can never stop loving. It hurts (my god how it hurts at times) but it is worth it. The price of love is grief. I think the Queen or her representative said that recently in a service about the victims of the 11th September nastiness. It is absolutely true.
    Have you ever seen an animal grieve when a friend it knew dies? And some people say that they have no soul. Of course they do - everybit as much as we do. They love; they hurt; they grieve; they can be happy and smile and, almost, laugh.
    Never stop loving and never stop forgiving yourself.
    Never never never stop laughing. My brother had the most wonderful belly-laugh I have ever heard.
    I really must stop this - it makes me feel maudlin.

3. Droz

Droz New Member

Do unto others...: For the most part, that would mean continuing on with teh status quo because most people will just leave you alone. Thats no fun, I like to walk up to random people in the middle of the city and ask to take their picture. They don't know if you have film or not, so its quite fun.

As far as the last one, this kind always reminds me of:
    "Have you ever been in love?
    Horrible isn't it?
    It makes you vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens your heart and it means someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses. You build up this armor , for years, so nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, wanders into your stupid life... You give them a piece of you. They don't ask for it. They do something dumb one day like kiss you, or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore.
    Love takes you hostage. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so a simple phrase like "Maybe we should just be friends" or "how very perceptive" turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart.
    It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a body-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain.
    Nothing should be able to do that. Especially not love."
    (Sorry Nina, I know you've seen it before)

4. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

:LOL: Yes SeeD I have. :LOL:

But seeD How about this?:

"A Womans Thoughts"

"You can live a whole life without love and go untouched by tears. You think you've lived a happy life then.
    But you have never then felt the heartbeat from another or the sweet taste of his lips. Nor have you felt the warmth that comes from seeing the one you love smile. Nor have you felt the jubilation in your heart when he whispers in your ear:
    "I love you."
    You have never felt the joy and love when your child is born. Never the proudness that makes your heart sing when your child accomplishes something new.
    And you have never felt the grief and pain when you had to say good bye to someone that was dear to you. You can never understand that I would rather have gotten stung a thousand times then missed the chance to the happiness above."

author: me.

5. Droz

Droz New Member

Mine was from a woman also, I'm just too lazy to find her name right now.

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Heh I knew that SeeD. :classic:

7. sugar_junkie

omg,nina,that woz so beautiful!!!!!!! :) u should have that posted in the fan fiction/artz forum ;) :) itz real good! :)

8. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Imagine suffering from an illness that meant that you could never give love. Not because you didn't want to do so - you just couldn't.

9. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I just thought that I would put things right. I am very happy right now (apart from the Computer, that is). I have a wife and three 'children' and four grandchildren. I have four dogs, five cats, etc. etc. And, generally, I can play on the computer. I really must keep it away from everyone else. My granddaughters are the very very worst.

10. Droz

Droz New Member

You don't love a girl because she's pretty; she is pretty because you love her.

11. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Droz: Not entirely true. I knew a person who took me back to his flat. His wife was, possibly, the ugliest woman I had ever met. When she left us he looked at me and I said nothing. He said that he knew what I was thinking, but I was quite wrong. She was a wonderful cook; warm and affectionate and would, in due course, make a wonderful mother. Furthermore no other man would show an interest in her. I didn't realise such wisdom existed; certainly not in someone so young. He was, of course, absolutely right to be proud of his wife, but it took me quite a few years fully to realise that.

12. Jake

Jake New Member

well you kinda have to define pretty. pretty can mean different things to different people in different contexes. when you are talking pretty in terms of looks, then Droz's satement could be false... however if you mean in terms of their personality then Droz's statement could be true..
    even if you mean in terms of looks, the statement still could be true, love can do strange things to a person's mind...

as for a quote of my own, here is one:
    The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected
    without trials.

-- Chinese proverb

13. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Expect the Unexpected :)

14. Jake

Jake New Member

if you expect it, its no longer unexpected... thus you can never really expect the unexpected cause as soon as you expect it, its not unexpected.

15. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Awwee Thanks Tess. :) Maybe I will then ;)

And Droz that wisdom goes both ways. As well as men likes to look at women they think are pretty, women likes to look at good looking men. But love comes from within. And the one you really love is also the most beutiful for you.

Philip I'm so happy your life turned around to happiness. I have no idea what happened to you and I'm not asking about it either. And no I wont stop love the ones I love. And for the rest. Yes I've seen it, I've felt it. And it was worth it. What you said to me Philip really touched me deeply becauses it's so true. *BIG hug*

:classic::bunny:

16. Droz

Droz New Member

You can never truely answer the question: "Are you humble?"

17. Jake

Jake New Member

no, i dont suppose you could

18. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

True Droz. :classic:

19. sugar_junkie

yea,funny how stuff work themselvez out,lol ;)

20. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Does anyone find love easy? I find it very tough but well worth the effort.