Troubleshooting Random Freezing

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Z-dan, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Z-dan

Z-dan New Member

Random Freezing

Hey guys, saw that this is the place to be for Sims 3 advice so I have a question.
    My game's been running smoothly for a couple of weeks now, even on highest graphic settings, but yesterday it suddenly decided to start freezing during gameplay. Anywhere between half an hour and an hour in-game, the sims will literally freeze-frame, time will stop, and I can't interact with anything- yet the trees outside, music notes, etc all still move normally. A couple of seconds later everything will start moving again, and a minute or two later it'll do the same thing again.
    Currently I have no expansion packs, but do have some DLC. The game is fully updated, legal, and like I say, it ran perfectly until yesterday. The only things I did to the computer between gaming sessions was install Startopia, which did have minor problems installing but I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be any conflicts.
    Other things I thought might be affecting it are the fact I'm playing as a couple with triplet babies (it seems to mostly freeze when the babies are dealt with, but then they are babies- they're always being dealt with >.>), and I'm on a tree-intensive lot (the game might be trying to deal too much with the trees and not the actual game?). However, I had the same lot and babies before the problem.
    Any advice will be helpful! Thanks.

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Remove all custom content and play a new household on a clean lot. See if the problem still occurs.

3. Kate

Kate New Member

I am having the same problem - sort of. And it started after my triplets became toddlers. I didn't change anything. Just all of a sudden, I had one parent going to get one out of the crib and another going to get one to feed and everything went screwy. My mother disappeared and one of the babies disappeared and the other two babies cannot be interacted with, even though they are still there and their mood still decreases. They do not move from their spots though. I managed to send the mother to town and now she's visible again but I have no idea where the 3rd baby went and the other two cannot move or be interacted with. I started a new game but it just sucks because I started with the mother as a teenager and have put a lot of time into getting to this point...

4. StephanieMyrick

StephanieMyrick New Member

I'm having the same issue, worked fine last night and now is doing the exact same thing, I don't want to start over with this

5. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Have you by chance installed any new custom content or stuff packs ?
    Have you installed any new drivers or installed any new programs on your computer?

6. surfmonster

surfmonster New Member

I'm having exactly the same problem.

I've had the game for a while now and for some reason every few minutes it just freezes. This has only happened in the last few weeks and I bought the game over half a year ago. The shadows, trees etc all still move but the sims stay still and I can't interact with anything. I installed an update for the game and it seemed to coincide with this and in the same way as mentioned before, it seemed to happen after a birthday occured. It's really annoying!

Any help would be much appreciated!

I've had the same problem as mentioned before as well with characters getting randomly stuck and I have had to move the family to another lot.

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Could you post up some specs on your computer??

8. mewmickey

mewmickey New Member

mine just started this today. i've had sims for around a year and a half, and i have all the expansion packs except fast lane and barnicle bay. ive preordered generations last week, and ever since i installed late night, when ever i start sims it says "there is a error" and i click debug but nothing happens. its never really effected the game play (until now) and its been doing it since i guess feburary when i got late night. what do i do? i have A LOT of custom content do i really have to remove it all? because my only other opition is uninstall everything. also when i play sims the CPU usage goes up drastically, so when it freezes i shrink sims and wait for it to go down, then its fine. please dont tell that my computer cant handle sims, b/c its brand new and has like 8gb of ram and 3.0ghz processor speed so it should be fine right?
    also its didnt happen until right after my sim got pregnant. some of u mentioned triplets so i thought i'd throw that in too.

9. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Are your cc/mods up to date with late night? Usually the mods/cc's are the problem because they aren't up to date with the latest update or conflicting with another cc/mod.
    I had many problems after an update before I removed many of my old clothing cc's. So something could be conflicted after a game update or other cc's.