Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Oct 11, 2007.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Random Thoughts

Got a random thought? Post it here! Here's mine for the week:

Have you noticed lately that tea must personal? Bigelow tea bag wrappers are signed by David & Eunice Bigelow. Aw, how nice. They like me enough to sign my tea. I must drink more! Tea boxes are warm and witty, with sayings like, "hold a true friend with both hands." (If I do that, how will I hold my tea?)

Tea is warm, friendly, maybe a little too personal. Like, hey, none of my tea's business how much exercise I get.

Coffee, on the other hand, is masculine and bold. Coffee cans come in colors like forest green, maroon, dark blue. Ever see a pink coffee can? No! Coffee's for he-men who despise pink. Ptui. We spit on pretty colors. No yellow coffee cans either. Or pastels. We laugh in the face of pastels.

Coffee sems to be overcompensating for something, hmmmm?

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

my professor is driving me nuts!!!! GRRRR

3. surprised_by_witches

Try buying him--or her--some tea. :p

4. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Here's my random thought: I like Aeros. :D

And I have a hat that has a "for a joyful soul" lable.

5. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Heh - another Professor Speedo? Or did the original Prof Speedo make a comeback? :p

6. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I love lamp.

[​IMG]

7. muffin-tacos

I love lamp? I don't get it. :eek:

8. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Google it. ;) It's from Anchorman.

9. muffin-tacos

LOL, I get it now. Saw a youtube clip about it. :D

10. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight...

haha, seeing the "I love lamp" thing made me think of the scene following where they burst into song.

I think my most random thought at the moment is regarding the blogs on here and what their posting rules are (if any).

Anything else I have at the top of my head is more of a rant than anything. :p

Oh and I got a new snake (pet). ;)

11. ManagerJosh

Must Buy A Wii!! (or get one!!) TOO MUCH FUN!!!

In other news, I think I'm a die-hard Trekkie. I just need the uniform -_-;;;

12. muffin-tacos

Oh cool! What's it called? :)

I was just dropping in to say that I like your new avatar, Solid. Is that your new pet?

13. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Unfortunately the snake in my avatar isn't my pet. I think I'll have to wait until I have much more room before I tackle the larger boa species.

The one I did get is just another Ball python, although this one is a baby compared to the other.

14. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I was fussing around in the bedroom, closing the blinds before turning on the lights, and happened to notice the crescent moon hanging up there in the sky.

I stared at it for a minute and thought to myself, "I'm as oblivious as any squirrel! Here I am running around worrying about my offspring, my mate and what to eat for dinner, all the while the earth turns, the moon spins, the sun burns, and I take the infinite universe entirely for granted."

I feel like looking up NASA space pictures. I'm convinced there's a creature out there somewhere who looks exactly like me. :p

15. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

So I've been thinking a lot about etymology lately.

Am I the only one who thinks that "Hoagie" is a weird word? I mean, really! "Hoagie." Who looks at a sandwich, points, and says "That is a hoagie!"

...Yes, this is the kind of crap that runs through my mind when I'm bored. :p

16. muffin-tacos

That is so true. I seldom have time to actually stop and apreciate the world around me.Got all the stress at school to thank for that (mostly :rolleyes:). I'm now planning to do a whole load of reading on the balcony while listening to nature's sounds this weekend. :D

(PS. It would be really freaky if there was a person out there that looked exactly like me! And, John, I've never even heard the word hoagie. What a funny word LOL.)

17. surprised_by_witches

It means sandwich, much like a hero or a submarine sandwich. Hoagie. You're right, what a silly word.

Here are other words that make me laugh:

Trousers
    Bazooka
    Pantaloons
    Widget

You're right, Lynet, it is easy to lose focus. Kids are so good at noticing details while we grownups run around like squirrels just trying to cram everything into 24 hours so we can have just five minutes to ourselves. I'm thinking, OK, shopping, clean the house, make dinner, feed the dog ... and Witch Baby says, Wow, Mama, the moon is out in the daytime, and look how that raindrop sticks to that leaf.

I'm loving this thread and the randomness it's provoking.

18. ManagerJosh

I'm the new forum administrator for Megagames.com o_O!!

o_O!!!!!

19. muffin-tacos

Hope that doesn't mean you'll be dissing us, Josh. Oh and congrats btw!

The word Schnauser makes me laugh (it's a dog breed). :D Plus, my friend said a really funny sort of slang word yesterday that made me double up laughing (well, not just because of that, we were being very silly yesterday. Teenagers :rolleyes: :eek:). I'm not going to translate it because I'm not even sure what it means, if it's a word LOL.

My random thought for today: THANK GOD FOR FRIDAYS!!!! I'm planning on doing basically nothing all afternoon. Maybe do a bit of writing, a lot of reading and I'll be spending PLENTY of time with my best mate: the computer. A nice reward for a horribly stressy week. :D

20. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

The word that always makes my funny bones squirm, like lips dipped in alum, is the word flannel .....

aaaaarrrrggghhh! I gotta go cringe now :rolleyes: