Release Date Info

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by LadyBaby63, Oct 16, 2003.

1. LadyBaby63

LadyBaby63 New Member

Release Date Info

Hi all....I just wanted to share some info that I discovered last week. Hopefully this info isn't redundant:)
    Anyway last week I reserved my copy of TS2 at Game Stop ( I live in California) and the release date they had in their computer is 02/04/2004. This paticular store has always been reliable in the past with release date info, which is why I always go there to get my games. I was so excited that the date was earlier than I expected that I wanted to share. If this date has already been confirmed please excuse the repeat.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Amazon is showing February 4th as well! But EBGames is showing February 14th.

So I guess that means The Sims 2 is going to be out around February 2004

3. LadyBaby63

LadyBaby63 New Member

Yeah, I like the 4th better than the 14th but I don't understand why everyone (the companies) aren't all on the same page about the date. The cool thing about this store where I buy The Sims is if for some reason the relase date changes they will call to let you know. Superstar, Unleashed & Vacation were all avaliable on the date they said it would be so I totally trust Game Stop's info. If I get that call about a change I'll post to let you know. ;)

4. ManagerJosh

Gamestop = Barnes and Noble :D

5. Randeokinh

Randeokinh New Member

Who can teel me about new in TheSims2? What new between TheSims2 and TheSims1?

6. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

7. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

umm yeah....i wont have money then! hehehe i spend it all as soon as i get it lol

8. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Ha! Look at you slaves to the evil organization known as Maxis. Moaning and groaning, restless in your sleep as you anxiously await the release of your precious game. Scrounging around, hoping to find enough dough to cover the price. The Matrix doesnt have you, Maxis does, and they've got you soooooo good.

I'm gonna reserve judgement until I've seen the game in action and have tried it out. No reason to bring home yet another disappointment unnecessarily. I'd much rather use my hard earned simoleons on an upgraded pootor, DSL, Lineage II, and a PSX... ooooh... come here baby, come to daddy... :lick:

*keeps his fingers and toes crossed*

9. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Quote all my posts will you...:rolleyes:
    I of course will read reviews (not by Maxis fanatics) before buying another Sim game again. But it's always good to save up money before the game comes out, that way if the game does stink I could always spend it on a better game that has came out around that specific time too. ;)

10. OinkUsed2BABunny

11. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Geez Oinkz.....

12. OinkUsed2BABunny

You dont even want to know which considerate moderator took her time to teach me how to quote so terribly well. *glares in the direction of a certain Snake...* Whoops, I've said too much. :p

13. suitemichelle

Oh! And I thought AI taught you. *shrugs*

14. REDXIII

REDXIII New Member

still 3 months.......!!!

15. ManagerJosh

Oink needs to be renamed to OinkIsAnnoying

16. suitemichelle

Now Josh, is that any way to talk about your friend?

17. Atomic77

Atomic77 New Member

PC Gamer holiday issue has the 14th of February Marked for Sims 2 also.

18. ManagerJosh

Amazon and EBGames is saying March

19. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

my b-day is in march! yay! i know what i want!!
    also- how much does TS2 take up?

20. lil_perdygal_lp

lil_perdygal_lp New Member

i waz wonderin if that like when i play Grand THeft Auto Vice CIty sometimes the game freezes for a couple seconds then starts again...its graphic are pretty god so do uthink that TS2 will do the same thing?