Release Date Info

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by LadyBaby63, Oct 16, 2003.

1. reniusa

reniusa New Member

It seems as if gamestop has changed the release date....

At www.gamestop.com the release date now says 3/15/04, oh well...we can dream, right? ;-)

2. Tetris

Tetris New Member

I'm saying that if you're playing online, your playing with 'fake' money

3. Rose88

Rose88 New Member

i understand that sure...but we're not "playing" with "fake" money are we? people are using real money to preorder the games...people are showing their intent to buy this game when it comes out and so the longer they wait to bring it out they can hype it up tp a larger arena of people with ad campaigns and people like us showing our enthusiasm..so when the game does come out more people will actually buy it then wait untill they've played it at their friends house or reviewed it. So thus it is "real" (whatever that means) economy that we contribute.

4. Tetris

Tetris New Member

BAH! YOU DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT IM SAYING! SIMOLEONS, THE SIMS' MONEY CAN NOT IN ANY POSSIBLE WAY INTERACT WITH OUR MONEY. PURCHASING THE ACTUAL GAME IS USE OF OUR MONEY AND OURS ONLY. WE CANNOT PAY MAXIS TO GIVE US EXTRA SIMOLEONS CREDIT, BECAUSE YOU CAN EARN IT QUITE EASILY IN THE GAME. SIMILARLY, YOU CANNOT USE SIMOLEONS IN EXCHANGE FOR REAL MONEY. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? Please don't reply to this...

5. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Bleah. I was hoping it would be sooner than that. I have enough cash on hand to buy a couple TS2's but by that time I'll probably have spent it on other games and a bunch of DVD's I want.
    Even though they're astrik'd keep the swearing to a minimum, and if it's at all possible, keep the caps lowered. Capping can be concidered yelling and/or flaming a person.

6. Tetris

Tetris New Member

yeah ok sorry. Swearing minimum. But i was only doing capitals to express not anger but to make it more bold to read.

[Double post problem fixed, although using the edit button instead of replying to the error works well. :)]

7. Rose88

Rose88 New Member

This isn't an official reply to your post but i'm just confused how it went from real money to simoleans becuase i think i've been talking about real money the whole time....sooo where did that com from?

8. REDXIII

REDXIII New Member

If there are bugs they will just make some patches quickly anyways

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

It looks like Tetris was talking about games and Maxis products coming out in the Sims Online, but others were talking about Sims 2, coming out in real life, and part of the real life real world real money economy. I think that's where it got confusing for everyone.

Tetris is right that the simoleans in the game will have no effect on real life economy, but others are right too, when they say that buying the real life game (not online!) with real money (not simoleans!) will have an effect on the real world economy.

Back to the release date info... I'm wondering if they might announce a date that they will finalize or officially announce the release date, haha! :p

10. Ravynn

Ravynn New Member

WOHOOO just in time for my birthday on Feb 1 and 13th wedding anniversary on Feb 14... yESSSSSSSSSSS:) :) :) :)

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

You got married on Valentines Day? Cool! :cool: My younger brother did that... but it was so he could remember his anniversary was coming soon when he saw "all the pink stuff" in stores before Valentines Day! hahahaha....

12. Tetris

Tetris New Member

Yeah, sorry people for going completely off the subject....

13. Silkymoon_J

Silkymoon_J New Member

So will it probably be released before Febuary 12th? Because that would be awesome! I could get for my sister's birthday! .....................Boy it didn't sound selfish when it was in my head.

14. Tetris

Tetris New Member

Is is coming out worldwide on that date, or just the US?

15. Pixie

Pixie Yoga Queen

Feb. 4th is a very good number! :) Thank goodness I have a job! I feel exhausted from all the excitement TS2 has brought upon my life! I think I'll lie down and enjoy the thought of TS2 coming out in just a week or so!!

16. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

same here. if its a weekday, im playing hookey and gonna go out to the funcoland where i pre-ordered at about 3AM

17. Jessa

Jessa New Member

I am not sure if I can live if it doesn't come out in February.

18. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I think people are saying some of the game stores are saying March 29 for the release date for Sims 2 but I'll wait till Maxis says what the date is before getting TOO excited about any date! Whenever it IS released, they usually come out with game and movie releases on Tuesdays, so you could always start planning your Tuesdays just in case!! ;)

19. Pixie

Pixie Yoga Queen

Hmmm... not a bad plan, not a bad plan at all! My plan is to wait until the release date is official, then go to Wal-Mart and wait outstide their doors until they open, and THEN buy the game. Hahaha.... it's actually very exciting...

20. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Haha well I'm hoping like mad my hubby will be off work that Tuesday... good thing Tuesdays are SUPPOSED to be his day off.... There's a guy at the game shop in the mall who remembers us... sees my hubby around town and teases him about seeing him come in the store when the next sims game comes out... :p