Release Date Info

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by LadyBaby63, Oct 16, 2003.

1. 3D_animator

3D_animator New Member

i would really hate to disapoint you guys but, but "early " 2004 isnt early, march or april is early, and if it would be coming out in a week, WHICH ITS NOT , there would advertisements EVERYWERE, really, some stores dont even offer pre ordering yet. you guys are getting WAY to ahead of yoursleves. WAY to ahead. you should expect JUST ADVERTISEMENTS to come out in the end of febraury, and then a release date, THEN you can get excited about it. but now is WAY to early. look at the facts ppl. i want the game out to, but we should expect to wait alot longer. sorry ppl. thats what i think. the facts are more important than "feelings" or "hunches".

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I don't know about early 2004 but I saw news I thought was from Maxis saying it was coming out in the "First Quarter" of 2004. That would be the first three months, January, February, and March. So that's about when I'm hoping they will meet their deadline and come out at the end of March, on the last Tuesday probably.

You have a good point, that the ads on tv aren't all over the place yet, so we can't be TOO close to the release date. Does anyone remember how many weeks before other sims games were released the ads came out on TV?

3. Tash_the_sim_physco

Tash_the_sim_physco New Member

I am already too excited about the sims 2, but if you search google news for sims 2. it says on wesites displayed that EA has decided to move the shipping date to the later of this year.

EA will ship The Sims 2 in the later half of Calendar Year '04. We have learned from past launches that a game is ready when it is ready. The extra time in the studio will ensure a great game

END QUOTE

This was taken from http://thesims2.ea.com/news_releasedate.php

I have been down about the new shipping date. But maybe I could be wrong.

If I am wrong then I'd like to say sorry in advance. But this is what I read. Could anyone out there put me in my place and tell me from reserch that this is not the correct information.
    That would be appreciated.

4. Cool_Diva

Cool_Diva New Member

Apparently it's not til July at the earliest. Boo Hoo.

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

It's been confusing to some of us (like me!) because they changed the release date information at the official site when they released that new statement BUT they didn't change the "Early Spring 2004" release it still says in their official FAQ! :p Thanks for posting the link to the release date information here! :)

6. Tetris

Tetris New Member

Lets just hope that CasIE comes out at least two months before the game. I reallly need to be prepared for the sims 2....

7. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

Im also down about Sims2 not coming out until "the later half of the calander year" but just think of how great the game will be once they finally get it out. At least think of it this way, with them delaying it, when it comes out we will be getting the best game for our money because everything will be either fixed, updated even more and just look at those graphics! So for now I take my aggrivation out on my other sims until Sims2 comes out lol.

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Uh oh, your poor sims in sims 1 will suffer your wrath! :p Take it easy on them! ;)

9. Tetris

Tetris New Member

Why? they deserve it! Surely they knew all along that at one point they were going to be replaced by a better machine. So this is probably why they do stupid things like spin aroun a couple of times until they know where they are going...

10. MisterV

MisterV New Member

well on a german site theyve got the info (remember they were in the Sims2University project at Maxis) that it will come out in September 2004 and CASIE (Body Shop) - the 10th May

we'll see........

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'm not sure whether to hope really hard for the Body Shop in May, or just assume it might come out a couple of months before Sims 2 itself does, whenever that may be... this Fall-ish?

12. Silkymoon_J

Silkymoon_J New Member

Why bother

Don't you people get it?!!! It's not coming out! Its going to be just like Simsville, remember that? YOu probably don't because they said they were going to make it and never did. THey're just toying with our emotions, and i for one and quite sick of it. To heck with their new expansion pack: The Sims: Makin' Mischief. I don't care anymore! Thanks Maxis, FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gosh my own parents should've been the first ones to crush my dreams not some multimillion company........ :tired:

13. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Uhhh I hate to say it but Making Mischief is nothing more but an April's Fool joke.:lick:

14. Tetris

Tetris New Member

Still, Maxis really should have released CasIE (I'm not going to call it Body shop since it sounds crap(ish)) at least by February so that we could customise our sims and that will build up suspense for the game and people will wait more patiently for the game, instead of us being disappointed continuosly for some 'secret feature'.
    Oh yeah! Do we know what the feature is yet? I havent been on this site for 2 months now (sorry) so I dont know whats up.

15. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I think they couldn't/can't release the sims skinning/meshing editor without being CERTAIN that they have their final work done on how the sim bodies will work in the game. It won't do us much good to be making skins etc. that won't be able to work in the game if the game changes too much before they release it!! :eek:

16. Tri Ace Fan

Tri Ace Fan New Member

The only thing im sure of is that it'll probably come out AFTER my summer vacation is over ;_;

17. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Well, in that case, be sure to get plenty of fresh air and sunshine during your vacation, because once the game comes out I'd imagine most of us won't see the light of day unless we HAVE to! haha! :p

18. Tri Ace Fan

Tri Ace Fan New Member

Good point. XD

I wonder how a thread about release dates goes up to 4 pages and still not get off topic. Wow ^_^

19. KtBuZz1282

KtBuZz1282 New Member

Really? I heard that the Sims 2 is comming out June.28,2004. . . so it says on the release dates of CheatCC.com. . . :surprised:

20. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Don't believe anything from third party sources. Fansites are pretty good about their information (We're usually First/Second Party sources) but its best to hear from Maxis.