Release Date Info

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by LadyBaby63, Oct 16, 2003.

1. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

:D Well the SimsInsider says:Thursday, May 13, 2004
    Sims 2 In The News
    With a release date officially announced (Sept. 17th, FYI) and the game-tastic Electronic Entertainment Expo in full swing, The Sims 2 has been popping up all over lately. Check out some of the Sims 2 articles and interviews below.

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Ah good, I was hoping they'd announce the release date at the expo! :D Now I know how much time I have to save up for it. ;)

3. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

gamestop just emailed me. the release date moved to 08/02/04 . so weve got a few weeks of play before school i guess. :D

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

How odd. The official release date is 9/17/04. Did they explain how they were going to get it 6 weeks early?

5. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

nope. all i got was the email saying the release date moved from 9/17 to 08/02

6. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

thats good it moved ahead :)

7. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

definitely. when i saw the subject line i said "aww sh!t. it got delayed again!". definitely a good sight.

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Is that new release date now the official one, or are they doing an early release for just the gamestop people? (sort of like ginuea pigs to see how big of a patch they might have to work on? ;) )

9. wize_guy123

wize_guy123 A ***** Retiree

Hope its right

Well if August is the month, Ill be happy.. but if it is moved to September.. Ill be okay still.. Its not moving back that far! well we have 2 Maxis games coming out this fall...

TS2 - AUGUST OR SEPTEMBER
    URBZ - THIS AUTUMN

10. KatAnubis

Since the message about the 6 week early, Maxis has confirmed that it will be a September 17th shipping date.

Any other dates are just weirdnesses of the game vendor.

The newest thing out is that Maxis has confirmed that the game will be released in both the DVD and the CD format. So, if you have a DVD ROM, it's a good thing, especially since it doesn't cost extra for the DVD version!

11. wize_guy123

What would be different?

How would it change between CD and DVD? Different options... maybe not.. but then again.... someone will think they can play it on a DVD player... Well you cant... I guess.. but you never know... Maxis and EA Games... may come out with a whole new world of Gaming...

12. KatAnubis

The game will be exactly the same in both DVD and CD formats. However, because a DVD can hold so much more, it will be on a single DVD disc and will have extras. The CD version will probably have at least 2 discs that you'll have to swap out and remember which one is used for playing.

If you have the DVD version but want to have CDs for the expansions, that's ok, by the way. And if you start with the CDs you could go for DVDs for the expansions. The information on both is the same.

Maxis is not the first to put their game out in the DVD format. I've been reading about several other games which have already done so. I was so hoping that they would come out with the DVD version. And even *more* happy when it turned out that the game was the same price for either version.

There are some people who have not figured out that this is not for the DVD player but for the DVD ROM (or RW if you have one.) There was a big rumor going around (mostly because of poor copy writing on the part of EB Games) that it was a preview disc. Sure thing, $5 for a preview disc. Fortunately, MaxisLucky spoke up and confirmed that it is definitely the *game* not just a preview thing.

13. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

That's good to know about being able to buy the game on one type of disc or the other and then being able to have expansions be one or the other too. I'd wondered if you started out with a cd or dvd if you'd have to get all the expansions the same later!

14. wize_guy123

Yeah maybe the expansions will be on DVD too... but we wont want to wait for like 9 months for an expansion!

15. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

Why wouldn't you? Anyways we all will be having to much fun playing sims 2 and the months will go by fast for the first expansion to come out! I have a question, how do I check to see if my computer will run the game? What do I have to do? Can someone send me a message plz

16. wize_guy123

Well there is a program somewhere... I think it was www.simprograms.com but I am not completely sure... At first I thought the only thing I have to worry about is the Video Card... but I found out that my memory has been eaten by viruses (not literally eaten) now I have a 254 MBz of Rom... instead of 256 that is recommended

17. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

LOL Viruses didn't eat your Rom (RAM :tired: :p ).

18. wize_guy123

Why couldn't it have?

19. superdude746

superdude746 New Member

I love these old posts lol

20. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

how come you like the onld forum