How Do I Rename child? Poor kid is called "Baby Boy..."

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by anniew06, Nov 26, 2007.

1. anniew06

anniew06 New Member

Rename child? Poor kid is called "Baby Boy..."

I accidently clicked "okay" when it asked me what I wanted to name my Baby Boy. So now his name is Baby Boy. Any way to rename kids? I seem to remember you can rename pets.

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Mine usually end up called `

Cos that is what you get when you press the hotkey to pause the game ... either way it is a royal pain in the butt-ocks if you failed to notice what gender the child was at birth. It can be highly amusing having a child called Eric suddenly start growing some boobies :( :eek: :rotfl:

You can change a sim's name in several ways. Some easier than others.

You can use debug mode (boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true ) and then dig around in the [SHIFT] + click menu until you find the rename option ... this can be hazardous to your game.

The simplest method, for what you want is to get Merola's Multipainting

For much more game jiggery-pokery and malarkey, you can use the Insimenator, which is a multi-purpose sim-modification tool if you don't like the way your Sims are made and want to change everything about them.

3. kennyinbmore

kennyinbmore New Member

You can use the Boolprop cheat

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

There are more than 24 different boolprop cheats, kennyinbmore. If you'd bothered to read my response to the query, you'd have saved yourself the trouble of typing, because you'd have seen I had already mentioned using the debugging mode obtained by boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true.

5. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

i got mixed up with twins i named the boy elle and the girl jack oops but i didnt realise till they were toddlers