News Rumor: Sims 3 Delayed?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

The Sims 3 release date woes & speculations

[​IMG]I have been holding off posting news on a possible delay of The Sims 3 release… But I’m afraid I cannot hold it off for much longer.* The past few days, various fansites begin piecing together information gathered from retail sites, EA customer support reps, videos and even articles and they all lead up to one thing:* a chance that TS3 may be delayed.

Eurogamer strengths the rumors even more as they just posted an article in which EA has told UK retailers last week:

“We are evaluating the launch window. The game looks great and in the near future we’ll have more information.”

Many retailers are stating that the game has moved it’s date to the first half of 2009, some even suggest it could be as late as August.* Both SnootySims and InfiniteSims compiled a list of things that seem to give the whole possibility of a delay a solid foundation:

1. There is still no official word on the boxart cover as EA/Maxis removed the cover that they were planning to use.
    2. They still haven’t decided on whether they plan to use SecuROM (which in my opinion is an easy decision - don’t)
    3. The release date of Feb. 20th has been removed from the official site, along from the EA Store
    4. Apparently some users are reporting that newer videos state the game will be released “sometime this year”
    5. Various retailers are reporting that the game has been pushed back to March, June or August.
    6. Eurogamer’s article that EA is “Evaluating the launch window”
    7. Those who email or contact EA Tech Support either say the game have been getting conflicting results of a delay or the release is still on time
    All I know is that we should hear something about this matter sometime this week.* If it’s on time, then a “going gold” statement will be issued, otherwise expect to hear a press release stating that the game is delayed.* Personally, I wouldn’t mind it one bit if it is.* Even though the people that attended The Sims 3 Creator’s Camp was playing a month’s old build of the game, they still stated it was extremely buggy.* It would hurt EA/Maxis even more releasing a buggy game (especially if those bugs were game-stopping bugs) then pushing back the release date!

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

No. 2 is a definite don't!
    So long as the game is less buggy than more buggy who cares if it's delayed a bit.

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Rumor: Sims 3 Delayed?

Could The Sims 3 be Delayed? Apparently a bunch of gaming sites are starting to suspect it. After RealGamer heard a similar rumor, they got in touch with EA to see if the rumor could be confirmed or d...

Rumor: Sims 3 Delayed?

4. Inge Jones

Inge Jones New Member

It wasn't a month old build, it was the build they had just done as the week began. It was a week older than the latest when the camp finished.

5. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Now, just for the record... this is something that I posted on the TS2 BBS earlier today that I got a little torn up over :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that EA can't pull it off, but it would be very imprudent of Simmers to proceed in ignorant bliss and then pitch a small fit if/when EA announces a delay. And for what it's worth, that's really not directed at anyone here, because I don't think we fall within that category. But after reading the BBSes on and off for the past seven years... having some sort of conniption is how I truly believe the majority of the BBS community would respond.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

6. swmeek

If there's one forum in the world I absolutely hate it's the sims BBS!
    I don't see how anybody could design as such a hard to read forum as that.
    But you're right John everybody needs to take a chill pill and wait and see if Ea makes an official announcement.
    although some of the signs of it happening are looking pretty strong for a delay.

7. swmeek

8. Lara4484

Lara4484 New Member

Everyone is getting crazy over this delay. If the game isn't ready I think it would be better to delay it but hopefully not until august. These are all speculations and I think the most important thing is to remember that EA has not announced anything officially and they're kinda running out of time because there are only 3 weeks til release. I think they would know by now if they could get it out in time and certainly give a notice to that affect. I hope it will be on time but better later than full of bugs.

9. ManagerJosh

We're gonna look completely foolish when EA announces there's no delay, and that it's still on schedule... :rotfl:

10. sexierjess14

sexierjess14 Depressed Soul

Well its still weeks till the date which was first said to be the release date of the game, maybe they are trying to fix the problem up hopefully in time to still release it on that date, hence there was no official announcement on a delay or not. However, I do hope they will have an official announcement soon to clear the air :D

11. ManagerJosh

They still do need time to make the DVDs and ship them to the stores :D

12. sexierjess14

sexierjess14 Depressed Soul

Well maybe they're hoping they can get all that done and release it on time. At least thats what Im hoping for :p

13. Lara4484

Lara4484 New Member

I think that's what we're all hoping for. I'm really looking forward to the game and will be very dissapointed if it doesn't come out on time.

14. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Well you know they have seen these rumors on the boards, theirs and others, why don't they just make some kind of official announcement one way or the other. Just something to clear the air.

Ruth

15. Lara4484

Lara4484 New Member

I think they will on the press conference on Feb 3rd.

16. NatalFenix

NatalFenix Lamb of Spiritual Flock

Yeah I hear you on that!
    Feb 3rd is engraved in my ipod!

So maybe they will put our worried minds at ease with the "Official Word"!
    To Delay or not to Delay? that is the heated question
    Bugs you say? eugh where's the dang extermo guy when you need him?
    oh that's right stuck in Rush Hour with the rest of the saps
    anybody got a can of bug spray i can borrow?
    and as for 'going gold' it's not unusual for some Games to go GOLD a week before their release so no worries on that issue.
    But the whole Delay Rumor is getting to me! and really grating on my nerves!
    or ala famiy guy "grinds my gears!"
    lol
    had to throw a family guy quote in their somewheres'!
    ;)

17. Lara4484

Lara4484 New Member

Don't worry. I really do believe the game will be released on Feb 20th. Most people on the EA Sims 3 forum UK agree with me. Have hope. :)

18. ManagerJosh

It would be nice I agree if it was released on time. But alas, with no confirmation or denial of the current news and all we know is that the title's still being evaluated, well, anything is possible.

Who knows...and I sincerely hope not....well I hope the title isn't delayed an entire year.

19. Lara4484

Lara4484 New Member

We just have to wait 'til Feb 3rd when the EA press conference is being held.

20. NatalFenix

NatalFenix Lamb of Spiritual Flock

which if Im not mistaken is tuesday right?
    hmm odd as last year they made word on YUP a tuesday!:confused:
    tuesday thursday and friday those dates seem strangely connected to one another!

friday as being the "supposed" release date and thursday also "supposedly" a sims day:rolleyes:
    however that is contrary to opinionated individuals~:squareeyed:

Is this any way to treat us? is this another EA attempt to convert the non believers? or just a real bone idle way of sending out news to us devoted and quite loyal simmers!

another day at the office;
    Rod Humble: oh it's a monday should we update our simmers? ..

Ben Bell:" Nah lets not! lets wait 'til thursday SIMS DAY .. "

Random nameless Developer: "How about we say nothing for at least a month then whammo hit 'em with old news and a few tidbits here and there with a revamped blog that kinda is buggy at times but oh well who will really take any notice? besides we are far to busy to FIX that!, then the hysteria will multiply by the masses! and they will be eating out of our money making little hands in no time at all!
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA:devious: we'll call it Operation Rumor!
    yeah I or someone else can pose as a simmer on one of the forums and create a thread about a "supposed rumor" and really get peoples attention! before long panic will undoubtedly ensue!"
    Rod: "Brilliant! We shall create mass hysteria for sure! um..what's you name? who cares you're promoted!"
    RND: "Gee thanks boss! another thing lets put their minds at ease on oh say a tuesday? say the 3rd of Feb, it's perfect! a week or so before the actual release we hit 'em with either a delay or a "going gold" statement! and have some excuse such as oh i dunno Bugs and Glitches? they will be so pissed off then realise they will have no choice but to wait! as I have read on countless websites "who really wants a 'buggy game'"?
    and then we can make up for our really bad 'customer relations' merit we seem to receive monthly."

Ben Bell: "I dunno .. it seems to cruel to do this to our very devoted simmers! besides I love the game too much NOT to release info and new pics on sims day!
    but your right we do need a Plan to generate funds and fast!"

RND: "well if it works and there's no inclination as to why not, you will be raking in new unsuspecting guppies..erm sim fans NOT to mention the millions! well as it will make you x amount every year! and take a look at these figures .. "
    Ben Bell: "you had me at raking in the millions!"
    Rod Humble:"Good Show Boy,Jolly Roger it is!Pish pash to the nay sayers and all that I say WE are in control Not them!"

anyways enough jibber jabber from me (well actually It was my friends thoughts..she's nuts I tells ya!) she comes up with this stuff constantly!:rolleyes:

Anyways..I so hope nay pray that TS3 IS released on time on said date!:disappointed:
    enough said! i think?:bored:...:sleeping:

LOL to anyone who Read this it was purely to make you either
    A) chuckle
    or
    B) throw a tantrum.. why Would you do that? Seriously Get some help!:speechless:

My quirky friend has a whacky sense of humor as you may have guessed!
    but some of her unique and funny stories really make an impact on what's written/said she has a way with words! power of persuasion if you will?.:D

Every time someone says feb 3rd I will convert the nay sayers and FEAS (Fed-up of Electronic Arts' Shenanigans) to join me on this cold hard ledge come hell or high water!