running away?boolprop?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ineedhelpPlay, Jun 9, 2006.

1. ineedhelpPlay

ineedhelpPlay New Member

running away?boolprop?

i had this family and a girl's fear was to runaway from home...i was wondering how a teeange sim can runaway?

also according to a fren,if i use the boolprop trestingcheatsenabled cheat thing n click on the letterbox,ill be able to summon the vampire,crumplebottom and a few other creatures to my house.CAn anyone help me with this?

2. ineedhelpPlay

ineedhelpPlay New Member

ok..ive discovered how to summon them:D

3. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

so what was the solution?

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

And BTW, ineedhelp, don't forget to set the boolprop cheat (if that's what you used to summon them) back to false or the game may develop serious problems. :)

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

The problem with leaving the boolprop cheat active is not directly associated with the game but rather with the player. It is a debugging tool and as such it reports certain errors with game stopping dialogs, which offer 3 cryptic choices: delete, reset or cancel. For some situations the choice can be rather pointless as cancel leads instantly to the same hiatus, ditto for reset (presumably via a slightly longer route ... though not long enough for human senses to register) and delete merely removes the faulty object from the world. If that happens to be something critical such as a visitor portal then the dread BFBVFS is the consequence.

The problem in that situation is not recognizing it but being able to pause the game (so as to be able to enter the turn-off code) between clicking one of the less dangerous option and the generation of the next error ... it would almost be a good game within in a game if wasn't so dadrattedly annoying :rolleyes:

6. ineedhelpPlay

ineedhelpPlay New Member

thx for reminding me:D

to get mr diva.,the slob,crumblebottom and the vampire,type boolprop testingcheatsenabled true in the cheatbox when ur in the neighbourhood.Then,enter ur lot, and shift click on ur mailbox.Click Make Npc,clickmore,then u can select who u wanna visit u at ur house...a grandvampire(at nite),mr big,the diva or crumplebottom

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

As the topic here seems to have moved (kind of) toward errors, I just want to ask about a long list of error messages I see whenever I open the cheat window and type help to see the list of available cheats. Most of the errors seem to relate to sound files. (I play with the speakers turned off anyway.) Occasionally there's some issue about a door/arch. I've never read through them all and so far the game is working OK.

Do any of the rest of you get this kind of error list in the cheat window? Should I be worried about the dread BFBVFS? :eek: Or is it a common everyday sort of thing that occurs with complex game software?

BTW, I've seen this stuff since before adding any expansion packs. I wondered if it had anything to do with the much discussed boolprop testingcheatsenabled because I did use that cheat once in order to invite the entire neighborhood to a party. I also set it back to false immediately after the party.

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Basically, yes. Those errors are <ahem> "normal"

tiptoes away to snicker behind a door :p

9. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I see that all the time as well...since before I really got into using boolprop too. I think it's mainly things like the track skipping a beat, or maybe a door not shutting? I've noticed that some of my doors get stuck open.

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Don't make me laugh, Mirelly. I'm at work and should be looking very serious and straightfaced. :eek:

I've had doors stick open, too, Shana, although I found it was usually when I was going crazy with window curtains and put them around the door. My sim doors always get stuck open if something else is too close by.

Anyway, I'm content with and grateful for, if redfaced, your quick responses.

11. megrhen224

megrhen224 New Member

I've had it too...

Well I would like to know HOW to make them runaway.... cuz I would like to test it and stuff I guess....???

12. jupitershana

Just make sure they really really really don't get along with their parents and they are in the red for aspiration failure...they will hate their home life, runaway and then they return like a day before they are supposed to turn into adults.

13. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Do you get to play them while they're gone?

14. jupitershana

No, I think they just disappear for those few days they run away. I read that somewhere. I haven't actually had one of my teens run away...yet...

15. suziesim

suziesim First Year

teen drama

you can call the police to report that your teen has run away & sometimes they will return the kid within the first 24 hours. But no, you can't control them & then they just show up 1 day before growing up to an adult.
    I don't know that I'd try for that, unless you want to spend a lot of time making your teen fight with his parents.

16. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I've only come close to it once, in my first neighborhood. I had a teen whose mom got married and he caught her in bed with her new hubby, which upset him. Mom then had a baby, who the older kid hated. He had a sister, too, who moved in with her dad and with all upheavals in the family the oldest kid was pretty upset.

He was doing badly in school, his girlfriend rejected him for first kiss ... and he thought about running away.

He didn't though. I managed to salvage his life and then send him off to college, where he was much happier.

17. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I'm changing the topic again. Sorry, someone smack me. :D

Has anyone ever looked at the error logs? It's very interesting. I seem to have several of them that has to do with the cars, and a few that have problems with the Sims themselves. That one is the most interesting, because it says in English all the programing that goes into a sim to make them, well, a sim. :) Lots of "unused" slots and options, too, which makes me wonder if these are left open for future EP's.

Anyway, if you have error logs, they are located at My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs.