Saddam Hussein sentenced to death

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SolidSnake_19, Nov 5, 2006.

1. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Saddam Hussein sentenced to death

From here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6117910.stm

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I think hanging is barbaric. I think a much worse punishment for someone like that would be to languish forgotten in a cell, forever.

3. darkdragonluver

darkdragonluver New Member

I have to agree that the death sentence in any form is barbaric. In a case like this I don't know what else they could do though to be honest. Putting him in a jail cell is not good enough, because in a jail cell he'll be given comfortable surroundings whether they're meant to or not. Worst case senario is that he'll be killed by another inmate in a month or two anyway. And no matter what happens, Saddam Hussein will not be forgotten. What he has done to the Iraqi people will echo down for generations in the form of hatred, war, and needless bloodshed.

I just don't know what they should do, because I don't agree with the death sentence.

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I'm not sure why, but I think being killed by fellow inmates, especially by one whose life was harmed by him, would be better than an organized execution. I suppose it's because the one would be an act of passion, more or less, and the other is sanctioned murder.

And I'm not sure about comfort. I've seen pictures of Iraqi prisons. Hardly what I'd call the Ritz.

I'm opposed to the death sentence. But I can understand why someone would kill someone like him, out of anger. What he's done is truly evil.