SimCity 4 Screenshot Collection Thread.

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Helén, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Hey nice stuff guys! I just trolled by cos I finally went looking for an answer to a question that has been slowly driving me nuts.

On the Crime Data view there is a list of crimes ranked in order of seriousness ... the first crime on the list is TP'ing ... and not being American this has been driving me nuts trying to work out what it could be. Anyway a Google to rescue. For any non-Americans it is ... I can't believe I'm typing this ... :rolleyes: ... (drum roll) Toilet Papering (eg of a house or garden as a prank) Apparently once the dew gets on it and it gets damp it is practically impossible to remove ... LOL

I hope this teen phenomenon is one that doesn't get exported from dear old USA :D

Edit to add this PS ... oh yeah ... :p anyone got a screenshot of a TP'ed house? I'm going off now to see if I can find one ...

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

hahaha good luck finding a screenshot of a TP'd house, that would be funny to see! :D

3. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

I'll get one now. :D

Edit: Attached a small movie. :D (Movie - 94KB)

Attached Files:

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Cute! I didn't know you'd be able to SEE the little people TP-ing the house so close and clearly, even in the blurry video, hahahahaaa that was great! :D Thanks!

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I am put to shame, Flameback. Once I knew what I was looking for it didn't take me long to find that animation and it sure gave me a chuckle or two (lately I have been missing out in that dept!)

Anyway as it was an animation I was stuck as I am not very good at capturing video ... I do have Bulents Screen Recorder but either it isn't very good or else I still have a lot to learn about using it ... :)

6. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

Just some random shots to keep the thread chugging along, so nothing too exciting today :p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally... The evolution of a city - in it's early stages anyway. It's developed more since the last shot and now has just over 200,000 sims.
    [​IMG]

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

That little inlet/cove in the top pic is really pretty! Wow... all the shiny buildings.... and population 200,000?! I'm still having to re-start my towns when I can't get over ONE thousand, haha! :p

8. Flameback777

Fae, grab some mods over at SimTropolis. :p
    Also it's a MUST to have the NetworkAddon_Beta. :D
    The Abandonment Dilapidation Modd might also help you. ;)
    CHEATER'S DREAM - Radical Ordinance V2.0. :p :rolleyes:

Now people these are just to get Fae started. ;)
    Hope this helps getting you city started Fae.....or you could just live with a small town. ;) :p

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Thank you thank you thank you!! :D My dreams of having at least ONE skyscraper in my city may come true yet, thanks to you! haha! I somehow never thought to look up stuff like this for Sim City, though I go looking for cheat objects and stuff like that for Sims all the time! :p

10. ringleesim

ringleesim Computer Overlord

I havent played SimCity 4 in a while...

11. ringleesim

i just played it with my friend yesterday!

After my last post here...

I'm gonna play it right now...

12. Supernova

Supernova New Member

After I get my computer I am going to borrow Sim City 4

13. ringleesim

from who???

why dont you just buy it and have it forever!

14. ringleesim

The movie is all blurry... is it suppose to be???:confused: :confused: :confused:

15. Flameback777

Yes, that's how blurry it is in the game.

16. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

I really like your city, Sam! It has a beautiful layout. What type of building style do you guys normally use? I tend to start with New York, theyre nice to look at, then when I reach about 70 k and the demand for res. is booming, I change into Houston. I noticed on the waterfront, Sam, that youve placed some parks. How many excactly is needed to make the neighborhood attractive to high income residents?

17. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Sam: Excellent zonage in those pics. My office is interested in hiring you as our official city-planner. I will have my secretary fax you the contracts some time this week. Hope your answer will be yes. :)

18. sam_lawrence

Thank you kindly, OinkUsed2BABunny. I would say yes.... if only i had a fax machine.

19. ringleesim

You know what?

I'm gonna play SimCity 4 Deluxe Edtion right now.... After I install it.

If you're wondering why I uninstalled it is because I wanted room, but that's kinda stupid since TS2 takes up 3 gigs and I have over 40 out of 80 gigs left.:p

20. sam_lawrence

I just love these development pics.... This one is of a small downtown district in a suburban city of mine. I used cheats to do this (namely a demand increasing mod) just to see what would happen.

[​IMG]

And here's an interesting region i'm planning on starting soon:

[​IMG]