SimCity Societies SCS and TS2/TS3???

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Kristalrose, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

SCS and TS2/TS3???

The reason I bought SC4 was something to tide me over during that long period of waiting between MM and the release of TS2. Then, I found out I could create neighborhoods for TS2, which gave me another outlet. And, it was a cool game on top of everything else.

So, I'm wondering, since another company is making SCS and not Maxis, will it be compatable with TS2 or even TS3 in the future? (Oh, I know it's probably too early to think about TS3 yet, but who knows. . . )

2. Karybdis

Karybdis Mod Godfather

Well, Sims3 is coming out fiscal 2009, so it's a while off yet.

As for compatibility, I would assume that there will be at least a degree of it. I mean looking at SCS, there are Sims present (although not importable that I know of)

3. Inge_Jones

Inge_Jones New Member

Hello Karybdis - long time no see!

4. Karybdis

Karybdis Mod Godfather

Greetings!
    I'll just be wandering around here from now on, helping keep an eye on the place :)

5. Morpheus121073

Morpheus121073 New Member

Well for 1 thing maxis does not exist anymore, there is now The Sims department within EA, now The Sims 3 will be compatible with SCS, just wait and see but i know it will be. Can't get into further details about it.

6. Karybdis

Karybdis Mod Godfather

Oh deffinitely. I'd eat my hat if there wasn't a level of compatibility between their future games. I think they're heading towards complete integration of the Sims engine into the simcity engine within... lets say 3 versions (counting Sims3)...

But maxis does exist as such. They still have the Maxis offices in the EA building, etc, last I heard. Maxis is really WW anyways, and is more of a philosophy than a specific group of people. And WW is still there leading the Spore team.