Second Expansion Pack Name Revealed?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Well, I got my game today, and right on the back of my CD case, just like everyone else's, there's this advertisment for NIghtlife, just as pictured at the beginning of the thread. I went over to MTS2 and read the thread where everyone started calling this poor little child a liar and a fake. Poor kid was saying things like, "My Dad and I play together." Doubt he's any older that 13 or so. I just couldn't see the personal attacks. I too thought it was very odd that he got his game in the mail on Saturday, but, hey, stranger things have happened. I don't really care. Point is, the kid did post the same advertisement that I have the back of my CD case. I think it's pretty much a given that it is true, this will be the next EP, and details are to come.

2. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

A lot of online retailers will time their shipping to have the item arrive on the release date. And a lot of times, the postal service or shipping carrier is faster than expected and delivers a day early. I've had it happen as well. I see no reason to call this kid a liar.

3. SimSay

SimSay New Member

It's attitudes like that, that make me think if I ever have kids I'm not going to let them anywhere near a chatroom or Forum! I like posting on sites & sharing views, but there is always a form of bullying which I think shouldn't be tolerated.

If someone posts a bit of news they should not just be shot down with insults & accusations. People are entitled to disagree, but you would think they would have a concept of what a disagreement is (two differing opinions), and do it in a kind, polite manner.

Right that's me climbing off my soap box ;).

I'm wondering if the new EP Nightlife is trying to combine a little bit of Makin' Magic with Hot Date. Possibly even Unleashed as I think (can't remember if I'm hallucinating this one!) somewhere it was rumoured that pets would be in the next one - so I thought maybe they are doing an interview with a vampire style if your sims doesn't attack people if can attack animals - however now I'm typing it, that does sound a bit sick! And I'm sure that's not really the route Maxis are going down as I thought they prided themselves on being one the most popular gmaes which doesn't have death, darkness & destruction as it main themes. (Sorry for the lenght of this post!)

4. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

I feel sorry for that kid.:( My mom won't usually let me go on forums cause she's so protective. But my dad chaecked this one out and said it was GOOD. So my mom finnaly let me go on it.:)

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Yeah, I don't let my son go into forums and chatrooms because of stuff like that. He doesn't even use IM because I'm so paranoid. Your parents are smart, Flamey. :)

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Then how did they get the pictures which turned out to be the same ones which are on the back of the TS2U box? If it didn't exist, then it seems like it would be very difficult to get that exact same picture.

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I think that you are right about the use of elements from Hot Date and Makin' Magic.

However, Maxis has never said that the next EP would have pets, only that an upcoming EP has pets. Even early on they said "not in the first one and maybe not even in the one after that." If that's the case, then it will be the 3rd one which is most likely to have pets.

I wish it could have been earlier (as I'm really looking forward to pets). However, having pets do what we've been hoping that they'd do such as have lifecycles and be able to have more than one size of pet, then it will be something that they are going to be working on for a while before they actually do it. (Somehow I suspect that they'd do it in a theme which includes children.)

8. aharris

aharris New Member

I know it says Sims2 on it, but it still seems more like a platform thing. It just fits more with the themes like Urbz and stuff that they've been putting on the PS2.

9. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Somtimes it'a hard to belive. But yes, they aren't just trying to ruin my fun. I know exactly how that kid feels it's happened to me before.. Different subjects etc.. Different site. Don't go on that sight anymore

10. SimSay

SimSay New Member

I can't wait for pets too! Imagine a dog running around (Wants - Bite bum, have puppies) Fears - scolded for weeing, (cat fear) chased by dog!

I'd love little puppies & kittens ahhhhhhh :eek: - Ok girly moment over!

11. SimSay

SimSay New Member

Flameangel - I'm sorry it has happened to you in the past & to a point where you no longer visit a site. You just have to remember that all those people that are being horrid on a website would no way feel like that/speak to you like that in real life - they're just hiding behind a keyboard!

12. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I agree with that. When we are "anonomous" users of a message board, chat room, whatever, we can take on diffrent personalities, and play-act at being someone we are not. Most of us choose to be nice, mild-mannered citizens, but there are others who use the internet to be rude, childish, and even emotionally violent just for their own amusment. The internet gives them an outlet they don't have in real life to allow the "dark side" to come out, to vent all tha pent up rage. Most of those people in real life are like "the Comic Book Guy" on the Simpsons, nobodies who prefer to live in an electronic world of their own creation rather than face up to the fact that they are lonely and their life sucks.

Unfortunatley, I've learned to think of everyone online as someone who may or may not be who they claim to be. But I don't go around calling them "liars" or "fakes" or whatever. I just keep that wall up until I know them really, really well.

Last summer for the 1st time I met a friend from a message board. I am a NASCAR fan and we both follow this one particular driver. I'd known her online for about two years. She is a very sweet girl and sends my kids presents through the mail. But I was still nervous. LOL

I apologize for being waaaayyy off topic, but I just thought I'd chime in with my two cents. :)

13. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

I've been kicking around the net for quite a while now. I've met tons of people both online and face to face. I found that for the most part, people are who they say they are. We have all heard the horror stories, and the media loves to hype them up. But the fact is, people who use the net are just the same as people everywhere. You can meet weirdos in a classroom, in a bar or in a park. They do not congregate on the net. The rule that dictates that caution must be used before trusting anyone does not vary whether you are on the net or elsewhere.

It's true that the net does indeed offer an opportunity to people who like to play mind games the perfect playground. But the same instincts that serves you in real life serves you as well on the net. I can think of only one time where I was really burned, and in retrospective, I should have know that I was being played. All the signs were there. But for the most part, every one I met was nice and decent and most of all normal :)