September 11, 2002

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Sep 10, 2002.

1. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

we have a teacher here who could do it too, much for the same reasons slim...

2. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I just can't understand those people who want power for the sake of having power!!??!! :( I can't imagine how a person can be. I think that if you want poser you want it for a good reason - like helping or really making things better. But unfortunately I've found that most politicians, Top directors etc. want the power to earn money for themselves or to dominate others.
    You can never ever please "them all" or give everybody what they mostly need/want.. but you can try so your best. Not for the sake of having the power but for the sake of making this planet a better place. :)

That's what I think anyway ... ;)

3. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

heh, me and my friend we're talking about Bush...see if this sounds intresting and sort of true to you...:
    "Yeah you knowticed how bush was loosing popularity and then all of a sudden the planes hit...?" said Tim. "Yeah and his daddy started a war so now he has to," said Jeremy. "Yeah i'll bet thats what happens, he need support, he got it, and guess whos the fall guy...?" said Tim.

not sure if this quote is right or wrong...but...i think its cool...

A soldier died in battle and went to heaven, when he got to the gates he said, I have already been to hell. --Theodore Rosevelt, D-Day

4. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

The fight with Afganistan was still acceptable...but it seems Bush just wants to fight iraq so he is seen in a light as a hero

5. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Roosevelts statement is very true I think. War is hell itself.

6. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

they we're very powerful too...

7. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Mmm.. Roosevelt is one of the best US ever had I think :)

8. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

what r u guys talking bout cause i dont want to look though all u guys have writin!!!!

9. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

War and peace chatter - and it started with sptember 11..

Serious matters in itself... but well worth to debate. :)

10. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

War and Peace in general...i started something on the Us's involvement and future plans from what i've heard...

11. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Mmm.. But here there's only peace :classic::classic:

*hands out tulips to everyone*

12. Jake

Jake New Member

whats the thread you started called tim?
    I personally think sept 11 was pointless for the suiciders... not only willl they go to hell in their religon, but all they managed to do was kill thousands of innocent people (not that that ins't bad), when if they were goin to really really hurt ameraica (lookin at this from a different point of veiw than mine) they should aimed for the main people in america. i'm sure they even killed some people that believed in the same religon that they claimed they believed in.how do you think they would feel when they were to hear that? and after wards, there were quite a few of hate crimes against muslims and people of middle eastern decent. all they managed to do was unite the US, cause people that believe in the same religon as they did pain and grief, and provoke attacks on afghanistan (spelling?) causing more innocents (and people that again believe in the same religon as they do) pain and greif and death. sorry if i some how confuse some people. just let me know and i will try to explain (its happened before on here), and sorry for the late response to the initial topic about this (just now read the whole thing). Also, i personally think it is amazing that people from all round the world united with the US and have all responded with feelings of pain and sorrow (sort of) for what happened. THANKS ALL!! Love ya'll, young and old, black and white (and in between), From Asian to Australian to Swedish, to European. Also sorry if i made any one rethink about sept 11... i think one more thing on this extensive post....
    I saw it happen at first when i got up i was confused cause my dad didn't normally have the tv on. i saw a replay of the first plane hit the first tower... at first i just couldn't believe it... i continued that morning as usual as i could, after seeing the second plane hit, then i am pretty sure i saw the first tower fall. and i think i was at school when the second one fell. the finer points of that morning will probably be engraved on my mind (as my history teacher says) till the day i die. For me, i am some how able to gain a little strength and resolve when i think about it. yet i also become confused at why some one would do such a stupid and horrid act.
    *thinks, man the weirdest things go thru my mind at the weirdest times, i just thought of a joke...*
    Toodles for now people, my fellow Americans (and those that stand with USA), my friends, my brothers and sisters!
    God bless America!
    God bless the World!
    God bless everyone around the world!

13. Jake

Jake New Member

man! i right a lot and dont even mean, its like i just bable on and on.......

14. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Oh Jake! :)
    well I think I got your point anyway. :) We all got taken about what happened.
    And especially because of that horrible, evil deed.. all should think at least 10 times over about war and revenge. It's a historical fact that "violence feeds vilolence" (Swedish saying anyway)

Feelings of wanting revenge, outrage etcetera over such things are normal and understandable. That's the feeling every human being gets when they think they have been the target for injustice, violence, death and abuse..

But to meet such violence with war.. no I don't believe in that. it can easily end up with a total disaster for the whole world.
    I do believe in putting the men behind such deed to justice. That's a way to rise above the level of abusing, supressing and destroying.

I feel for all innocent people everywhere on our planet. It's always those who get caught in the middle and suffers the most.

And in that case i give a d*** about what leaders around the world say! because as soon as they speak about "smart bombs" ets... they are just trying to justify destruction. I don't buy it anymore.

Martin Luther King held a speech once: "I have a dream". That was not only about racial matters. It's was mainly about world peace. For me. Martin Luther King is one of the greatest leaders there ever been and ever will be.....

That's the kind of leaders we shall seek... that's the kind of people this world needs...

*gives everyone that wants it a big hug*

15. Jake

Jake New Member

true.....true.... violence begets violence.

I am in complete agreement.

*takes the hug and gives one back*

16. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

*smiiiiiiles* Thanks Jake.

17. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Violence also begs for attention

18. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

yes.. and unfortunaletly it gets a great deal of it too!. Less attention to violence might be a way to "beat" it..

19. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

too bad that never happens Nina. The media loves this stuff.

20. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Mmm.. You're right Josh. *sighes*