Video Shortest Distance Path

Discussion in 'SimCity (2013)' started by ManagerJosh, Mar 12, 2013.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Wow...this is just amazing.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It was going the shortest distance. Never mind that the road that was the shortest distance was crap.

3. ManagerJosh

Shortest yes in terms of distance. But I would think capacity would at least play a factor. Here's another one that just blows my mind. Everyone chooses to queue in the dirt road instead of taking the major road a few ways away and it's clearly the fastest between the two points.

My mind is amazed that the game play didn't divert traffic away from the dirt road but rather queues it all up instead of having it go around the traffic.

I'm in disbelief!

4. ManagerJosh

OKay, this one takes the case. This is just plain FAIL. The traffic just goes back and forth in a CIRCLE....and just stays there, going no where... OMG.

5. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

My sims ALWAYS travel in circles. It's why I hate the expo centre so much as it's surrounded by roads. =[
    The money is nice though...

6. ManagerJosh

Looks like it was a massive bug. Traffic avoidance algorithms are now being implemented.

7. ManagerJosh

More fun glitches..

8. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

What the heck was that flashing thing in the first video?

9. ManagerJosh

what flashing thing?

10. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

The white building in the background? A pro stadium. I think when its open you have around 15,000 sims trying to make their way into it... it never ends well. :p

It's not really a bug. How can you plan your cities if sims don't actually have a workplace and just go between the closest available job opening and house?

Now, will EA/Maxis now patch the debug mode out of the game? I have more faith that the modders will be able to do a better job with the game than Maxis will be allowed to by EA.

ManagerJosh likes this.
  11. ManagerJosh

Spot on flamey. How do we plan? It's like we have to play this meta game within SimCity to balance all these things out. It's an annoying complexity that I don't believe any of us wants to deal with.