SimCity Societies Sim City societies should i get it

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Bridog7, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Bridog7

Bridog7 New Member

Sim City societies should i get it

im not sure if i should get societies because a lot of people have goving a lot of bad ratings on this game. Give me your opinion

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I think it's a great game, but others say differently. To each their own.

3. Inge_Jones

Inge_Jones New Member

I wasn't very impressed. I played for 10 minutes and that was it. For a start the screen scrolls in the opposite direction from The Sims 2, and I reckoned by the time I had got used to it that way round it would have confused me when I played The Sims again. I'm too old to keep learning new ways of using the mouse.

4. ManagerJosh

I used the keyboard for getting around. Seems more intuitive.

5. Inge_Jones

Inge_Jones New Member

I'm definitely too old to learn keyboard shortcuts! :eek:

6. ManagerJosh

I'm not sure how using arrow keys are shortcuts ;)

7. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

How does Sim City Societies compare with Sim City 4? It's been so long since I've played a Sim City game because I was getting board with not having as much control over individuals and individual buildings. I guess I'm used to the micro managing I do in TS2 that I thought it would be similar with Sim City but it wasn't.

Ruth

8. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

You can't really compare Societies to SimCity 4, they are almost two opposite games. To sum it up, Societies is much like the Neighborhood feature in The Sims 2, except it has expanded to a lot more things ploppable. Also the social values are a key part.

9. Karybdis

Karybdis Mod Godfather

I'd like to throw in my agreement with Jud.
    Now that I've tried the game, I see it really can't be compared at all. It's just a completely different series so to speak. Do NOT buy it expecting a Simcity game.

It can hold promise if the kind of thing you like to do is just plop down cities using the various mods in SC4 however. Keep in mind that themeing is easier in SCS as well, but realism is much harder.

10. zoroin

zoroin New Member

I much like the game. It's a little odd compared to previous Sim Cities but it's addictive after a while. (Remind you of something?)

Seems all the Sim Cities to me have been majorly addictive.

11. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

What I didn't like about SC4 or any of the SC games for that matter was an area had to be residential, commercial, or industrial. That's it there was no mixing or if you did mix them it was a pain. I also didn't like that you didn't have any control over what businesses or buildings developed. With a few execptions like hospitals, schools, etc. If an area began to decline it was hard to figure out why or how to fix it.

Now I'm hearing that SCS has addressed some of those things.

Ruth

12. confused04

confused04 New Member

I personally would recommend against it. I purchased it and got bored rapidly. Its a never ending cycle of building for the sake of getting money to build more with little to challenge. The lack of transportation options really take away from the game. It just feels that all I do is plop and theres little response to my plopping. And you have to try and make your people angry.

13. joshriddle

joshriddle New Member

The demo screwed up my computer

14. shanegagz

shanegagz New Member

yes you should buy it

15. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I've heard more than person complain about it being a pain to install, wouldn't run after installing it , etc etc etc.
    I say stay steer clear of it.