Troubleshooting Sim Glitches

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by KelseyDea, Oct 16, 2011.

1. KelseyDea

KelseyDea New Member

I play the Sims 3 on my Mac. I have Ambitions, Generations, and Late Night. I have no custom content.

The game was fine for about a week, then the Sims started glitching. Everything else is fine, but the Sims themselves suddenly only have flesh tone colored clothing, their skin seems to be moving, and their faces disappear.

My OS is completely up to date, as is the game. I don't know what is causing the glitching. Help?

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Please post your system specs so that the people who run TS3 on Macs can help you.

3. KelseyDea

KelseyDea New Member

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)

Does this help? Should I add more?

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

What drivers are you using? (Sorry, I don't have a clue on how to tell you to find that information for a Mac. On Windows it's part of the dxdiag.) Graphics cards and sound cards and the like all have to have drivers. Sometimes when they are not up to date, bad things happen. When you have graphic problems such as you're describing, sometimes that's the driver. (Sorry. I don't do Macs. Hopefully one of the Mac users finds this soon.)

5. KelseyDea

KelseyDea New Member

I also don't know how to find this...I just got my Mac about 3 weeks ago. Whenever I search anything about the drivers, it says to just do a Mac software update, which I've done. I thought it was a driver as well, but I'm very new to the Apple system.

6. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Go to the Apple logo on the top left corner, then click About This Mac>More Info...>on the top left corner click File>Save as..., save as RTF. and attach it here. That's the DXDIAG for the Mac :D.

7. KelseyDea

KelseyDea New Member

I tried following your directions, but they didn't match up exactly so I'm not sure if I saved the right thing. Maybe the directions changed with the release of Lion? But what I ended up saving has each of my programs and applications and details about them. Does that sound right?

8. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Maybe try watching this youtube video.