How Do I Sim is grown, has worked for a while, can he take his money when he moves out?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Jun 25, 2010.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Sim is grown, has worked for a while, can he take his money when he moves out?

Is it possible? I had one of the sons that had grown up working a full-time job for a while , then when he left to move out, he was back to having the standard 20 thou. I was hoping what he made while living with his parents would be ADDED ON to the standard 20,000 they get in the bin. Any cheat for that?

2. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Unfortunately, when someone moves out of an existing household, they only get the standard amount given no matter how much they made before. There is the familyfunds cheat you can do to have virtually the exact amount that he made before he moved out:
    familyfunds [Familyname] #
    Ex: familyfunds Nyx 37845

Or just use the kaching/motherlode method, until the amount is almost the same as before.

http://www.snootysims.com/thesims3index.php?id=cheats

HIH.

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Okay, thanks, I figured that's the way it worked, but just hoped I was wrong :) That brings up another question, though. I have used the family funds cheat before, but when a child moves out they will have the same last name as their parents. How do I signify which family/Sim the funds go to? I'm afraid when I put in the amount it will just go to his parents...

4. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Yeah, that's the problem. I suggest just using kaching or motherlode until you got about the same amount of money that you wanted/had. Unless you change their last name, which will take more work... :smile:

5. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Yeah, I don't want to change the last name, I'm getting a 2nd dynasty going here, I hope. My other ones are lost forever I assume. I backed them up, but not recently enough and anyway don't know how to access them again. So I'm working on the Sims I created for the 2nd time. So I'll just move them into a small house long enough to motherlode them up and then put them back in the bin to buy the house I really want.

6. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Happy simming!