Sim Sexualities

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Zootyzoot, Dec 20, 2004.

1. wheefi

wheefi New Member

one of my adopted sons is a gay. i was just playing with the boolProp... cheat and and the same kind of box that came for just Nicx popped up.

2. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

I was just looking around and found this very useful information on the debug cheat, for anyone who doesn't know it already.I'm going to go and experiment with it :).

"You can enable test/debug/hidden interactions on any object (including sims) without any hacks. In fact, I recommend you get rid of any hacked objects that just show these test/debug/hidden interactions. As well, you can have access to some testing cheats that shipped with the game, Create-A-Sim debug mode, etc. Here's how:

From the cheat console, type: boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

RMB = Right Mouse Button Click
    LMB = Left Mouse Button Click

This enables the following:

• Ability to enter CAS Debug mode. Click on the zoom buttons (or in that area), press SHIFT+N to enable, SHIFT+M to disable. Do this before creating the first sim.
      • See hidden skintones (right now, only Alien and Mannequin).
      • See hidden skins (Social Bunny, Fire Fighter, Llama Mascot, etc.)
      • SHIFT+RMB click on any sim bin sim to show info on the outfit.
      • See special tooltip text on skins.
    • Debug interactions on all objects. Press SHIFT+LMB click on any object.
      • On a sim it will allow you to spawn items like the Tombstone of L(ife) and D(eath), Rodney's Death Creator, etc.
      • Tombstone of L and D can spawn new characters, create babies, etc.
      • Rodney's Death Creator can kill a sim through many means and have the ghost reflect that (i.e. death by fire, drowning, electrocution, etc.).
      • Etc.
    • Creates OETreeDelete.xls data file used for debugging (used to determine what objects were automatically deleted by the Simulator because of an error).
    • Object Error dialogs will show up and dump files will be created.
    • Can manually change sim's interests by clicking on the interest bars.
    • Can manually change sim's skills by clicking on the skill bars.
    • Can manually change sim's motives by clicking on the motive bars.
    • Can manually change sim's personality traits by clicking on the personality trait bars.
    • Can manually change sim's relationship values with other sims by clicking on the short-term and long-term bars.
    • Can manually refresh wants by CTRL+LMB click on the aspiration icon.
    • Can mark want/fear as achieved by CTRL+LMB click on any want/fear icon.
    • And more...
    Warnings
    This cheat is primarily for developers, to use when testing. So, the first time you play around with it, I recommend that you use it on a family you do not have an interest in keeping. Also, it has been reported from some people that the first time they use it, they are not able to save the game.But they didn't have a problem the second time. If it happens, tough luck :p Shut down the game entirely and restart the game. The phrase "don't play with fire if you don't want to get burnt" comes to mind :)

Turning the Cheat On
    *Use "shift+ctrl+c" to open the cheat box
    *Type: boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true (not case sensitive)
    *Hit Enter

Basic Uses
    *Holding down your shift key, click on anything. You'll get a pie menu with different options.
    *Don't even bother with "force error" unless you are actually testing something.
    *Don't freak out if something doesn't seem to work. This is for testing purposes.

Fun Stuff
    *Shift click on the mailbox
    *Use the "Make Everybody Happy" option to increase the mood of everyone on the lot instantly.
    *Don't use the "Teleport Here" option. Just Teleports you to the mailbox and that's kinda silly :)
    *If you use "Make Me Know Everyone", the selected sim will indeed know everyone. But, it will also alter all of their existing relationship scores. Then all of their best friends start calling to complain about not going shopping. Same goes with "Make me Friends with Everyone"

Tombstone of L&D
    *Shift click on ANY sim (they will all be able to use it).
    *Select "Spawn" and then "Tombstone of L&D"
    *Random tombstone appears near the selected sim.
    *If you want to use the options on a particular sim, you need to have that sim selected at this point
    *Click on the tombstone (not shift click, just click)
    *Options Galore!

There are too many to go through, but here are some samples:
    *Age Transistion
    *Age Transistion Cinematic
    *Set Aspiration (Change their aspiration, give them a higher (or lower) aspiration meter score)
    *Move in neighbors (This'll give you a LONG list of neighbors to move in - don't get cheeky and try to move in a dead sim, it won't work)
    *Speed up my pregnancy
    *Make me pregnant with ...
    *Change fit
    *Rename sim
    *Make me a family child

NOTE

If the you decide to put this line in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config\userStartup.cheat file, it has the following effects:

• Will attempt upload the your machine configuration to a Maxis internal server.
    • Enables more debugging cheats (can be shown by typing "help" at the cheat console)"
    Be really careful ;)!

3. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

Wow powerful stuff!.. I'll stop reading now before I get tempted by any of this stuff :)

On a separate note, (and back to the original thread) I was experimenting with a hack program called TS2 enhancer. Well experimenting is a big word, I just loaded it up and looked at it. You can look at all the characters in the neighbourhood and see a lot of data about them. I noticed that each one have a score that represents their attraction to both sexes. I found that all the "virgin" sims, the ones that haven't been interacted with much, have a zero score, meaning they are gender neutral. The more you play a sims the more it seems to push the meter in one direction or another.

4. Simophile72

Simophile72 Good mommy, Bad mommy

my gay couple

I have a gay couple in my game that I was able to make "married" when I created them. They entered the game and have a relationship just like the heteros, with affection and stuff. My real life husband is grossed out, but I love my gay sims, they are fabulous!! They do seem to prefer the male sims. Im sure its just me though. I have a married Sim female who always gets crushes on the females that Im trying to make her best friends with. I think I am doing something wrong there.

Simophile72

5. Blower

Blower New Member

The sims are designed 50/50 initially (sexual preference) - once they flirt with either sex there's a tendancy to prefer that sex (literally in programming), so to stop her hitting on females fall in love with a male townie and never call/invite him for a while - or even better, cheat infront of him with a 2nd throw away male :). Ofcourse this depends on how much effort you want to put into stopping her kissing girls :)

6. Zootyzoot

I encourage all my Sims to be as bi as possible, but have a few pureish lezes in a small gay community I've set up in the upper right-hand corner of my neighbourhood, which has become pretty stagnant after the two main ones became elders and moved out to live with their daughter's family.

Oh, and do any of you remember JMP's theory on Circe Beaker being a closet lesbian? She's not - her 'autonomous gender preference' is for males. I used Strangetown as my 'testingcheatsenabled' experiment site. I never go on it and thought it was appropriate (being strange and all). The cheat is ferocious, bu the way. It's one of those cheats that just destroys your enjoyment of the game if you use it. It completely demolishes the structure of the game. Experiment with it, sure, on a family/neighbourhood you don't care about, but if I used it in normal gameplay I'd get bored of the game very quickly.

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ah yes! How true to real life. As soon as the trail-blazers grow out of a fad the empty-headed acolytes drift away to join a newer trendier fad. FOFL :p :D Good one Zooty!

8. Zootyzoot

But they haven't though! They're still drifting around trying to keep up the lesbian cult, but I never really go on them because most of them are living on their own which makes for tedious gameplay, and also I'm bored of the so can't be bothered to move them in with anyone or have anyone move in with them, which is what I should do really.