SimCity 4 SimCity 4 Previews

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by ManagerJosh, Nov 3, 2002.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

2. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

*sighes deeply* you're "killing" me Josh! :classic:;)

3. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

I imagine its been through alot more changes since then too.

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Indeed a lot has changed since E3, and I'm willing to bet more has changed and they aren't gonna tell us until a week before SimCity 4 gets released :)

5. sam_lawrence

Sheesh, we could have almost had SimCity4 now, if it werent pushed back (as 99% of games are), but anyway, im sure it'll be worth the wait.

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

*Is drooling floods*

Must get a new paperroll....

*hops away to get more paper so the keyboard does'nt get shortcircuit*

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

um, so when is the latest release date now??? oooh I've got to get a faster computer!! *whimper!* :whitekitty:

8. Emidio

Emidio New Member

I can't hardly wait for the game!!! :) :) I'm anxious!! I guess more then Unleashed. The number 1 game, as nina said... :)

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I might be totally pathetic and ask for it for Christmas if it's out in time for that... even if I don't have a computer that can play it yet!! Is that sad or what?? :p :(

10. Emidio

Emidio New Member

Don't be sad, Fae, i'm sure you'll get your puter upgraded... :classic:

*hugs Fae and taps her back....*
    :bunny: :bunny:

11. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Ask for an upgrade Fae.:) I'm sure you're gonna handle what's needed in a reasinable time. :classic:
    I'm gonna try see how fast I can get my upgrades now. I want everything really ready when SC4 come out!!!!! :classic::classic:
    *hops around*
    :bunny::bunny::bunny:

12. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Thanks for the encouragement Nino and Emidio. :D We'll just have to juggle the budjet and see what we can do. The GREAT thing is my parents let me borrow a car so we can try to sell mine and try to get another one next year... I thought I would be totally trapped at home with no car... so that's looking up! :D

13. sam_lawrence

Rumours have been spreading about a January release date.

14. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

*licks her lips* January eh? Sounds good to me. :classic:

And oh Fae.. Aren't here any other means of transoprts where you live without having a car?? I manage just fien, but we do have a developed masstransport system here, with buses, trains and subways. It's only at the real countryside you really need a car. As soon as you live near or within a city there are always buses. For a lil less than $ 50 a month I travel all over the Stockhom arean including couple of minor nearby towns and all suburbs 24 hours a day on all transports. :classic: So I don't really need a car. :classic:

15. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

January?? oooh... My BIRTHDAY is in January.... hmmm.... This could work out for me!! maybe... if the car and computer work out first! :p

We do have a bus system here, sort of... but it doesn't run at the time my husband gets off work. They just cut the hours it DOES run, and cut it off so it doesn't run Saturday after the early afternoon, and doesn't run Sunday at all. :( It's very difficult for my friend who has to take the bus, it takes several hours to get across town when it takes 20-30 minutes by car. :( This is not a pedestrian-friendly city either, it's very hard to live here without a car. :( Other places I've lived as a kid were great for walking or busses! I miss that! :(

16. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I see. That really sounds difficulkt and a lot of waisting time as well.
    To go by car from my end of Stockholm area (furthermost south suburb) to the northwest farthermost suburbs it's about 45 min by car (except rushhours which adds another 30 mins) and 1 hr 20 min by trains and buses altogether, so it's a pretty ok deal actually. :)

Fae. I cross my fingers so you get your puter upgraded and you get the game in B-daygift. :classic:

17. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Thanks Nina! Wow, I wish our bus system was good like yours! :D

18. Emidio

Emidio New Member

Brazilian bus system is so bleah!!! It takes 2:30 minutes to reach the other city by bus. It's 40 minutes by car (huge city, i get lost). But the cars run normal... Not the buses. And we only have subway on few cities. There's a project of construction on mine city, but the government is also bleah, so we need to wait :confused:

19. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Hey, at least there's a project of construction... maybe eventually it'll get done! :D

From what I know, most busses take about twice as long as a car trip the same distance, but busses have to stop at every stop for people to get on and off, so that makes sense. The bad busses here though took my friend FOUR HOURS on the bus to get the 30-40 minutes across town, and she missed the test to apply for her JOB because of that! :( She tried to be there early, and they just shut the doors as she got there, 4 minutes late! :(

20. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Awwee that wasn't fair!!! :( Poor her. Here they have to keep a certain travel guarantee. But buses, train and subway are also means to lessen pollution. All citybuses here are going on ethanol nowadays,There's hardly any dieselbuses left at all. It makes the city sooo much cleaner as almost the only product those buses leave are plain H20!! :classic: