Video SimCity Demo Inside The Glass Box

Discussion in 'SimCity (2013)' started by ManagerJosh, Mar 9, 2012.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Four videos on the glass box environment are up :)

2. NewSim4TheCity

NewSim4TheCity New Member

Fires spreading, plagues, contaminated water, sims leaving your city... Sounds good... I like a challenge :D

3. ManagerJosh

Hmm... a part of me wonders if the game we're seeing is just being build on the Sims 3 Platform. Moreover are we seeing ploppable buildings or actual zoned homes.

4. NewSim4TheCity

Oh god, Zones please! Yeah a definite no on Ploppable buildings for me....
    I was being very optimistic and hoping this was just a very early test that happened to look like that....

There is nothing as exciting as seeing 30+ Cement trucks thunder down that new road in the zone you just planted and laying the foundations of your first sim's dream homes.... Then they return a few weeks later and demolish the whole thing and rebuild bigger and better, love to watch them do that. We need to keep the "Growing" of the city, that's a SimCity corner stone.

ManagerJosh likes this.
  5. ManagerJosh

I don't mind a small set of ploppable buildings. I think it is nice to have a few here and there. I just despise however the entire game revolving entirely on ploppable buildings though.

6. NewSim4TheCity

Exactly, I like having the hospitals, the city hall, the mayors house etc. And the tourist attractions etc. It's nice having some stuff that you decide where it goes... but would hate it if all the buildings were poppable, you need a mix, not all of one and none of the other.

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I like the mix too. It's nice to be able to pop in special buildings that don't change, but it's also interesting to see the city evolve on its own.

NewSim4TheCity likes this.
  8. ManagerJosh

But at the same time, I do not want to be limited by a fix set of buildings of a certain type. I want a huge variety of buildings that could possibly ultimately affect the dynamics of the games enough, but at the same time, don't give me enough control where I am unable to affect the overall outcome :)

NewSim4TheCity likes this.
  9. NewSim4TheCity

^^^ Yeah I like the sound of that, the more options the better. I've just pulled out my SC4 again and gotten back into it.... so many little things I'd like to tweak lol

10. ManagerJosh

any particular examples?

11. NewSim4TheCity

Well with the edcuation for a start, When you select a new school or library you get all those *Golden circles* lighting up over your city showing you where your already planted ones are.... But it's annoying that it doesn't divide them up so you can clearly see what area's the libraries cover and what areas the schools cover, so you can make sure there are no gaps in school coverage...

There are also those *Unique* sims that drive down a dead end and do a U-Turn lol

Just on a personal note I have always hated the sound the city college makes when you click on it... That dopey *teen's messing about* laughing is terrible and means I try not to click on it that often, usually until the edcu advisor pops up giving out that there's a strike.

I'd also like to be able to build water sports recreation like the marina or boating/skiing centers straight away, not wait until I have X amount of high class residents. I don't mind waiting to get access to some stuff, but would just like some extra recreation options at the start, that involve water sports.

ManagerJosh likes this.
  12. ManagerJosh

Coming to think about it, that was also a bit of a pet peeve of mine in SimCity 3000. People could play the game by placing a ton of libraries and museums all around the city on the outskirts but have extremely high education. It technically was not reasonable considering they were so far from urban population.

13. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

But surely as a single player game it doesn't matter how other people play it?

14. ManagerJosh

It was more so when people posted up their city screenshot was when it was somewhat irritating. Seeing their over glorified stats and how they have the best education, yet realistically not feasible to attend :p

15. NewSim4TheCity

I'm telling ya they were cooking the books back then, between 3000 and the great Library & Museums scandal and SC4 and it's dodgy farm schemes....

Tis' a conspiracy I declare!!! :p

ManagerJosh likes this.