SimCity Societies SimCity Soceities Demo May Have Damaged My Computer

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by joshriddle, Jun 21, 2010.

1. joshriddle

joshriddle New Member

SimCity Soceities Demo May Have Damaged My Computer

I downloaded the SimCity Soceitied demo, and when it was installing, it started installing some piece of Windows NT something, and I didn't know what it was, so I pressed to power button on my computer, and then turned it on, and voila! some piece of junk, about a good 700 MB it had to be, sitting onmy computer, and I can't uninstall it. EA pulled some piece of nonsense with their demo, wanting me to install something without even asking me first. How stupid! And I I am thinking my computer may be in the hole. Does anyone know what this Windows NT is supposed to be?

I am using:
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3, AMD 1.something MHz processor

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Windows NT is a required part of Windows, SCS should not be installing anything related to this.

Delete the files related to SCS, backup the registry and run something like CCleaner to remove all the broken registry entries.

3. joshriddle

joshriddle New Member

Okay, actually NT was allready there, just hadn't noticed it.:p Actually it was installing some Microsoft NET Framework 2.0, which really, that confuses me. Is it safe to take it off? I noticed it is taking up lots of space on the drive that I want to conserve.

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

The .NET framework is used by many different applications and is quite common these days. I wouldn't remove it.

If you do remove it, programs that require it may fail to work correctly or at all.

5. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

After you clean it all up run your disk defragmenter program too .