News SimOperations editorial: The Sims – 10 Years and 66 Games

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

SimOperations editorial: The Sims – 10 Years and 66 Games

Can anyone really believe it? I just finished counting, and re-counting, the list of sims games console-wide over the past 10 years, including the franchise, it’s spin-offs and it’s console/mobile versions, and it has turned up 66. If you’re prepared to contest that figure, i’d be happy to be proved wrong. However, let’s just stick with my figure for the moment. 66 games. In the short space of 10 years, we experienced The Sims, SimCity 4 and Societies, The Sims 2, MySims, SimAnimals, Spore and The Sims 3. This editorial is going to look back over the past ten years and revisit the games that have brought us to where we were.

Have to say, I think there are more than 66 games when you count The Sims, SimCity, the classic Sim games, MySims, SimAnimals and Spore.* In fact, if I had 66 games on my shelf it’d leave* much more room to put stuff on.* Right now, my collection is getting to the point where I may need to find another bookcase!* Either way, jump over to SimOperations to hear Connor’s thoughts about The Sims franchise.

Share and Enjoy:

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    Related posts:
    1. GDC 2008: Almost 100 Million Sim Games sold!
    2. Celebrate 10 years of the Sims Franchise with artwork inspired by The Sims
    3. PC World – The Ten Greatest PC Games Ever