Troubleshooting Sims 2 Startup crash without error

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Mindcracker, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Mindcracker

Mindcracker New Member

Sims 2 Startup crash without error

Hello all,

I've seen quite some topics here and on googled a lot last days, although haven't found my answer (yet). Recently I tried installing The Sims 2 plus a couple of expansions. After searching the right order to install I installed all the packs I had. (Sims 2, Freetime, Glamour and Pets)

I tried running the game but when I start it up it gives me a black screen, error sound and quits the game. I tried everything to get a hold of the error it gives me but that is gone after the game closes. I'm sure my system is capable of running the game, although I have upgraded it with some new devices.

Some specifications:
    Motherboard: Asus P5K SE/EPU
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz
    Memory: DDR2 667Mhz 2GB
    Graphicscard: NVidia Geforce 9600 GT

Then I tried reinstalling some of my drivers, Direct X 9.0c / Nvidia driver but none of those options worked. I even tried downloading cracks to see if my CD's were broken. Then I tried installing The Sims 2 only, without expansion packs, it has the same problem. On my sisters computer it does work, so the game is not broken after all, it is something in my computer.

In my eventviewer I can't see what causes the problem, it sais it found an error but as description of the error it gives an error [​IMG] .

I hope somebody can help me out!
    Greetings, Mindcracker

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

What video driver are you using with the 9600 gt?

3. Mindcracker

Mindcracker New Member

The 9-series videodriver from Nvidia website. I checked it with Driver Genius and said there was no update for it.

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Rollback from the latest 191.07 driver. It has been causing problems for a few people.

5. Mindcracker

Mindcracker New Member

Oke currently I have the 191.07 driver I am going to reïnstall it with the 190.62 version. (Latest non-beta driver for the 9600GT) I'll let you hear the results soon.

Lol the old driver does indeed work. Kinda weird since I expected a new one to work better. Thanks a lot all!