Sims 2 System Requirements for Macintosh

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Mar 4, 2005.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Sims 2 System Requirements for Macintosh

System requirements are still preliminary, but at this point Aspyr is targeting

Mac OS X v10.3.4 or later
    G4/1GHz or faster
    256MB RAM
    4.2GB available hard disk space,
    ATI Radeon 8500 or Nvidia GeForce2 MX or better with at 32MB VRAM
    DVD drive.

2. wolfdragon17

wolfdragon17 New Member

Thank you for this information

Once I heard that Mac Sims 2 was supporting OS X Tiger I was afraid that they were only going to release a version to go with this new OS. I know that sounds like a bad move for making profits, but it happens all to often. Anyway thanks, I can once again look forward to spending time that could be used making money, or creating artwork on the Sims. The Sims 2... the enemy of art and progress... the taker of time... the commander of minds... will finally make its way into the world of macs.

3. ManagerJosh

I doubt the changes would be complete extreme and I think they still need to cater to the majority of the OS X users. Not everyone is willing to upgrade to the latest and newest OS.

4. wolfdragon17

wolfdragon17 New Member

yes

Not every... including me. I was forced to get this G4 mac because it was a requirement of the college I'm going to. I am only planning on getting one game for it, and I waited until summertime because I felt I shouldn't waste time during the school year. I figure if you are only willing to buy one game then it should be the Sims 2. Can you think of any better Mac games? What would you pick as your only mac game?

5. Specialfarm

Specialfarm New Member

Hi there, not sure if anyone can give me a solid answer here but any ideas/feedback would be great.

I really want this game for my mac:D in fact I think ive almost read every review on the net about it. One thing i have noticed as a common theme amongst reviews and forum posts about this game on a windows machine is poor performance and terrible lag. While I do have the minimum specs: G4 Emac 1.25 ghz, 256 mb ram, Radeon 9200 video card. I am concerned about buying this game and it being unplayable on my mac. What do you guys think take the chance? Would the lag be a ram thing or a graphics card/processor thing?

Thanks in advance.;)

6. ManagerJosh

What's an eMac? o_O

7. Specialfarm

Specialfarm New Member

8. iChase

iChase Sims 2 for Mac: W00T!

I think your eMac would run it. It just depends upon how you have your Sims 2 settings set.

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Far out! Your screen name has a little 'i' in front of it! What are the chances of that! :p

Seriously welcome to you. We need more Mac users dropping by as the Mac version's release draws closer. I'm not a Mac person (that goes for most of we mods and admins) so any regular visitors with some knowledge are sorely needed! :)

10. iChase

iChase Sims 2 for Mac: W00T!

Hey Mirelli. Thanks for the welcome!
    Yes, I'm one of the iApp's. lol

I'm planning on hanging around here all I can and answering Sims 2 Macintosh questions.

Once again, thanks for the welcome. :D