Troubleshooting Sims 3 Black out

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Dck12ga, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Dck12ga

Dck12ga New Member

Sims 3 Black out

Have been having same problem as others as far as black outs...runs for about 10-20 minutes then freezes and blacks out. Wondered if I need to run dxdiag while game is running? If not here is the one I ran earlier. Thanks for all your help.

Attached Files:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

The main thing I see is the fact you only have a GB of ram installed with an integrated intel graphics chipset for graphics.
    Vista (from what I've heard) needs around a Gb of ram to run.
    The Intel chipset doesn't help as it's really not meant for gaming more for business type applications and such.
    I believe the 945 isn't listed on the compatible list for Sims 3 but I'm not sure.
    If it were me I would look into upgrading another GB of ram into your system if possible.
    For now try turning off Aero (google turning off aero), close out any programs like firewall, internet connection, anti-virus and/or spyware detectors and try running the game then.
    There's not a lot you can as far as upgrading to a video card without knowing the power output specs of the power supply or knowing what expansion slot your pc (or is it a laptop?) has for a video card.
    You can look through your manual for the computer and see if it lists you having a pci-express x16 slot and at least a 400 watt output power supply (to get a decent card that is).
    If this is a laptop you're pretty much screwed on upgrading anything except the ram.

3. Dck12ga

Dck12ga New Member

Awesome, thanks...and it's my wifes laptop. Knew we were pretty much screwed to begin with but was hopeful. Again thanks