Mod Releases Sims 3 Blur/Censor Removal Patch

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by CyberOps, Jun 6, 2009.

1. dobiqueenx2

dobiqueenx2 New Member

my game was installed into my documents; same as my Sims 2 game. Is this why I cannot install this properly?

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Are you SURE your game was installed into My Documents? Because My Documents is used by default to store your gameplay data.

3. dobiqueenx2

dobiqueenx2 New Member

well, let's put it this way, i cannot find a "programs file" anywhere on my system. I have Vista, which is apparently being a pain....

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Make sure you have the hidden files and folders thingie unchecked or you won't be able to see those files.
    Vista by default has the my computer/ files and folders to where you can't see them.
    I think if you open the my computer up it will tell you you have them showing up as hidden and give you the option to show them.

5. dobiqueenx2

dobiqueenx2 New Member

okay, i finally found where to put it so I'll try it in my game the next time I get the chance to play. Hopefully it will work now...thanks for your help....i'll keep ya posted...

6. sgant

sgant New Member

help!

are there instructions on how to install the sims 3 blur removal patch?

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

See the top post.

8. greatestgaara

greatestgaara New Member

... what do i replace........?

9. swmeek

A file called Shaders_Win32.precomp located in the c/program files/electronics arts/sims 3/Game/Bin folder.

10. Marcklet

Marcklet New Member

Works Perfect!

It works perfect!
    I made a video on youtube showing how it works, and im about to upload the link. So now this file might get more downloads, and this site might get more users!

11. nitu

nitu New Member

It doesn't work in my game either. The blur is still there, although I followed the instructions. I tried it twice, just to make sure.

12. Valentine

Valentine Scottish Gamer

Did you get prompted to replace the old file with the new one? If not then you may have accidentally put it in the wrong folder. I have not downloaded the patch yet, since i'm at work, I will do it when I get home. I presume it will go in the FIRST Bin folder, not the sub-folder inside bin, which is quite conveniently called bin too :/

Val.

13. swmeek

I've heard that if you have a hack like this it will not work with the new patch .

14. Valentine

Valentine Scottish Gamer

Well you must have heard from a reliable source. I downloaded the patch and used Winrar to open the .rar file. I then extracted the shader file to the correct location (as I got the prompt to replace the file), started up the game and it's still censored. Meh. :melting:

15. swmeek

Go to Mod The Sims and use the No mosaic mod by Rick to remove the blur !

16. Valentine

Valentine Scottish Gamer

Oh. I forgot about that site. I used to go there for some stuff for The Sims 2. I'll have a look.

Thanks,

Val.

17. swmeek

No problem

18. Megadrive

Megadrive New Member

Censr removal

Thanks for this mod :D Installed the update for the sims3, and it killed everything that was non EA c.c. Mega happy i found it again yeehaa!!!!!

Gonna install now an play.

Many thanks

Megadrive :bunny::bunny::D:D

19. nuffe

nuffe New Member

wow nice 10x

20. nuffe

nuffe New Member

I`v downloaded this from thesims3game.com and its the same ... but 10x anyway