Mod Releases Sims 3 Blur/Censor Removal Patch

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by CyberOps, Jun 6, 2009.

1. gsteinum

gsteinum New Member

thanx cyberops for blur removal. i can see clearly now!!

2. skarecro

skarecro New Member

Censor blurr

I applied 'ShadersWin32.precomp' mod to the correct location and swa no difference. I got an overwrite message when I replaced it.
    I can tell I did it right because the date mod is now 05/23/2009.

Started Sims3 and had a sim jump in shower. Still got the blurr.

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Try the one from mod the sims by Rick called Nomosaic and see if it helps.
    You will need to go into the Sims 3 disk and retrieve the original shaderswin32.precomp and overwrite the copy you have now in case you didn't save it.

4. ILUVGAMES

ILUVGAMES New Member

Install helper

Hello Everyone.:D
    Can someone tell me where to find the Install helper by Delphy to install the censor patch? Thanks

5. ILUVGAMES

ILUVGAMES New Member

Hello. The same thing happened to me. Did you find a way to get it to work?

6. swmeek

The install helper is at Mod The Sims.
    You don't need it to install this file as you can do it yourself quite easily.
    Besides this utility wouldn't install it correctly anyways.
    This is the proper place you need to overwrite the file- C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
    It will ask you if you want to overwrite the file click yes but make a copy of the original file first if you do not know how to copy it off the disk and save it somewhere you can find easily enough as whenever you install patches you will have to have the original file for the patch to install.

7. aborad

aborad New Member

??

i did this way. but when i play there is no thing different hapen...sory if you know any thing different please just tell me

8. aborad

aborad New Member

i did this way. but when i play there is no thing different hapen...sory if you know any thing different please just tell me

9. aborad

aborad New Member

10. raffi

raffi New Member

I followed the instructions, I replaced the file with the no censor file in the Game/Bin folder but the blur is still there D:

I've tried it like four times now.

11. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

12. sdrenken

sdrenken New Member

Thank you so much I've been looking for this EVERYWHERE!

13. Father Azerun

Father Azerun New Member

Just a quick comment / note -- I am going to try this one but, but it seems that there are other effects sometimes from removing the blur. the NoMoasic package will also make the sparklies from the "Eye Candy" trait invisible (something some people prefer) but it also seems to cause problems for teh spawning of rare quest beetles in Egypt and China in World Adventures -- Don't ask me why, it seems to be a repeatable bug though. If this mod works through a similar process you may want to watch out for these similar changes.

14. swmeek

15. deanoeldo

deanoeldo New Member

Hmm i no this is an old post, but this ain't working for me guys. I quite unsure what to do, i have replaced the thing in the Bin folder. Click back on the game, and nothing seems to have happened.

Any suggestions?

16. swmeek

first off replace the C/Program Files/Electronics Arts/Sims 3/Game/Bin d3dx9 32 .dll file with the file in the download and then make sure you put the cfg file you get in that download in the main folder too.
    You will see another cfg file in the game/bin folder that you need to leave in there.
    If you have World Adventures make sure you put all of your mods in that folder and not the Sims 3 folder.

17. hardheartangel

hardheartangel New Member