Troubleshooting Sims 3 crahsing =(

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by seanboy, Jun 13, 2009.

1. seanboy

seanboy New Member

Sims 3 crahsing =(

I have never had any trouble with games crashing until The Sims 3 started crashing the last couple of days. Its a full retail version of course, and here is my dxdiag. Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

What is it doing when it crashes? Does it exit to the desktop? Does it display an error message?

3. seanboy

seanboy New Member

Hi Flame, it will just crash right to the desktop. It will play for 45 minutes or maybe even a bit longer then just crash to the desktop with no error messages.

4. seanboy

seanboy New Member

Any ideas?

5. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

What's the possibility of it overheating?

6. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Not overheating as the motherboard should shut off power completely, not just dump you back to the desktop.
    Unsure if Vista is like Windows 7 and will attempt to restart your graphic driver if it fails. However that would show a alert/popup in the bottom right corner.
    Is it crashing when you do a particular thing? Such as, can you replicate the crash?
    Your computer should be fine to run the game, so I am unsure what else the problem could be. Perhaps check the 'Event Viewer' to see if anything has been recorded. Perhaps TS3 also has a logs directory which may be of some help as well.