Troubleshooting Sims 3 crash. Please help!

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by DuckDodgers1083, May 18, 2011.

1. DuckDodgers1083

DuckDodgers1083 New Member

I'm having problems with the worlds I have downloaded from the Sim 3 exchange only. When I try to play one of these worlds, the game appears to load up the world, but immedietely crashes! I don't have this problem with Riverview, which I downloaded from the store. Please help me, as I cannot enjoy this game!!

Attached Files:

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It could be that the worlds are too big for your computer to handle. What is your dxdiag on your computer?

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I'm surprised it's playing at all on the integrated graphics chip in the cpu.
    I'm leaning towards what Kat says about the size of the worlds.
    You're making sure the worlds are showing in your Worlds folder too?

4. DuckDodgers1083

@Kat: I attatched my dxdiag to my first post... or did I screw up and it's not there?
    @swmeek: I haven't actually gone into the worlds folder... I'm not too sure where to find it! If that isn't the problem, is there anything I can do?

5. swmeek

With windows 7 look under documents/electronics arts/sims 3/ worlds and see if it's in there.
    You should have placed the file in your downloads folder and installed it from the launcher (i think that's the right way but then Riverview is the only world I have installed).

6. DuckDodgers1083

Thank you, swmeek. I check the worlds folders, and yes, they are in there. So does this mean there is a problem with my graphics card?

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

It could be simply that your world files you obtained are corrupt.. Or you're also missing assets because those worlds use attributes from other expansion packs or stuff packs.

8. swmeek

You don't have an actual graphics card you have a built-in chip on the CPU .

9. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

That is still graphics though. It's one of the on-die ones from the Nehalem set from Intel, which is a heck of a lot better than the ones in past Intel Boards.

10. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

They're actually pretty good assuming you're running all the graphic settings on the lowest possible. It shouldn't crash either, just run extremely slowly.

11. swmeek

Yeah maybe at the barest minimum I suppose!

12. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Many of the worlds that people make are the biggest that can be made (because those can fit more things and people like "things"). If a computer runs only at minimums because of the specs (especially things like built-in video graphics such as the Intel ones), then most of the worlds out there will be "too big" to run. The regular ones (Bridgeport, Sunset Valley, Riverview) were built knowing what people will be using and trying to scale it down so that they can play. Not so with the world builders.