Troubleshooting Sims 3 Crashing to Desktop

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by rawks_haven, Aug 15, 2009.

1. rawks_haven

rawks_haven New Member

Sims 3 Crashing to Desktop

I know there are a lot of threads with this problem, but I've looked through the others and even tried some of their suggestions but nothing has worked. I thought I had the requirements to run the game, but I've attached the DxDiag.txt so that someone who knows more than I do (which is pretty little) can take a look.

Here's detail on what's happening with my game...

When I was building my Sims it would shut off and go back to the Desktop without warning or notice or anything whenever I would save any customization of the clothing. It was fine until I clicked that check mark.

So I put up with that thinking it was just a little glitch and built them with the standard clothing. I was able to build my house and everything ok after that.

Then I started to try to actually play the game. When I go to the live mode and try and do anything it lasts about 1 minute and then crashes.

If anyone could help me with this I would REALLY appreciate it. I'm bored, and want to play my game very badly :(

Attached Files:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

It should play even with that crappy video card you have.
    I would suggest you download the latest drivers for it from here http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_190.38_whql.html and install them.
    Do not install the new drivers over the old ones.
    If you've never uninstalled old video drivers before you can do this.
    Click the desktop and choose properties.
    Click the settings tab at the top of the pane and then click the advanced button.
    In the next pane that pops up click the adapter tab and then click the properties button right below.
    In the next pane you will see the driver tab, click it and then click uninstall after you have downloaded the new driver.
    Can I assume you have some custom content installed ?
    If you do try removing it and see if maybe something you have is corrupted.
    Also is there the possibility that your pc is overheating because of dusty fans, plugged vents and/or just not being able to get air into the pc?
    If it were overheating while you play it would crash the computer in this manner too.
    Of course there are a few other reasons it might crash like this too.

3. rawks_haven

rawks_haven New Member

I did the new nvidia driver, and now it crashes a little faster. And I just recently cleaned the inside of the computer when I put in my new 1G memory (about two weeks ago or less). I've searched inside and out for corrupt files, reinstalled a few things, but to no avail..

Could it be anything else?