Troubleshooting Sims 3 freezes every time

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by ABursby, Dec 13, 2011.

1. ABursby

ABursby New Member

Just bought Sims 3 a couple days ago and every time its played it freezes up within 15-20 minutes. The mouse will still move but can't do anything else and Ctrl-Alt-Delete won't work either so have to manually shutdown. My DxDiag is attached. Can someone help?? My daughter is devastated that i can't get it to work right.

Attached Files:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I would start by going to either Intel's website (if this is a desktop pc) and downloading the latest driver they have for the graphics chipset you have or if this a laptop go to your laptop's support site and download the latest video driver there is .
    Your video chipset is Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family and I'm not a 100 % but I don't think the game supports this chipset .
    Your video driver is 7 years old but I honestly don't think that it will play it at all unless you turn all the video settings to the lowest quality settings and try then.
    The graphics chipset you have is about worthless for these types of games.
    If it's a laptop there's nothing you can do to improve the graphics cause you're stuck with you got and if it's a desktop there might be the possibility of adding a video card.
    But your specs would need to be improved also like adding more ram.
    Sorry to be so blunt.

3. ABursby

ABursby New Member

Thanks for replying!! After my daughter told me what it was doing, I wondered if the computer, which is a desktop, was just too old. I will check into those things you mentioned and see if we can get it going, but maybe its time for a new computer.... I appreciate your help!

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

You're very welcome and good luck with the computer.
    Maybe Santa will get you a new computer!