Troubleshooting SIMS 3 help fr a newbie ? :)

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by enorth84, Jun 6, 2009.

1. enorth84

enorth84 New Member

SIMS 3 help fr a newbie ? :)

Hi guys and gals - i'm in the UK, and got my copy of SIMS 3 yesterday - ive installed it and everything and its gets as far as creating sims and moving them in ( verrrryyy slowwwwwwwly) then as soon as they move in the screen goes dark ( almost like its night time because i can still see the sims its just goes dark) then the screen goes black and i have to CTRL ALT and DEL to get out of it.

My lappy is a Packard Bell, Vista, about 18mnths old, ive tried updating the NVIDIA thingy once but it said there weren't any updates. I'm currently trying again but thouht id come here and see if anyone can think why it would be doing this ?

Apprently its a NVIDIA GeForce GO 6100 if that means anything ? I'm not that good with techy things so have no idea how to find out what else the lappy has! :)

Thanks!

Em

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Hey there!

Could you post up a dxdiag report? In Vista, look for something called dxdiag in Windows Search and run it. Then save your computer information. From there just attach the document here :)

3. enorth84

enorth84 New Member

Hi!
    i can try!

i hope i did it right!

Em

Attached Files:

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Woot! You got it:) Nice

Looking at that report, I'd say your computer is significantly under powered. You should strongly consider making a few upgrades to the computer like increasing the RAM for a significantly better gameplay.

But in the meanwhile, you should quit all unnecessary programs in the background and in the task area as well as disable Aero in Windows Vista.

Also, update your video card drivers :D

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?i=7415120100&pi=platform_dragon_d

5. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

You're going to be severely limited by that piece of junk video chipset you have.
    Your cpu is rather weak too as it is !

6. enorth84

enorth84 New Member

uh i was afraid you were going to say that! im really annoyed coz the lappy isnt that old!

I have no idea how to disable aero, nor how to increase the RAM . Might just take it into the store and see what they can do.

thanks for your help!

Em

7. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

You can increase RAM by buying new memory cards. Or you could also take it to the store and get the RAM there...but they might charge you more.

8. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!