Sims 3 keeps cutting off

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Lizzy, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Lizzy

Lizzy New Member

I got a new sims starter kit thinking it was my old disks but its doing the same thing with the new ones. sometime I get past making my first sim but then sometimes it doesn't even get that far. I updated it cause it wouldn't even let me play without it. Now it cuts off on me I just paid like $40 on the starter kit and sims pets. Please help I really want to play!!!!!

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

What do you mean by "cutting off"? Does it just not load all the way? Does it stop responding while you're playing? Does it crash to background screen? Does it fail to save and give you an error message?

What are the circumstances? Does this happen only with a family you've been playing a long time? Does it happen with new families? Does it happen in a new neighborhood? Have you cleared your caches and DBTravel.package files (which might be corrupted)?

Also, you need to post your dxdiag as it may have something to do with your computer configuration.