Troubleshooting Sims 3 Shuts my Computer down

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by alukun13, Oct 16, 2010.

1. alukun13

alukun13 New Member

Sims 3 Shuts my Computer down

Every now and then, my game runs fine. I can play it for a while and have no problems. However, other times, any time I try to play it shuts my computer down completely while playing (anywhere from 5 minutes into the game to almost an hour). I've just gotten a new hard drive and have upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Ultimate, and even updated my drivers, yet this problem still continues.

Below is my computer's specs. Any help would be wonderful.

View attachment 7563

Attached Files:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Is this the only time your computer shuts down?
    It sounds to me more like a hardware problem than a game problem.
    If the computer were overheating then it could cause this but there any plenty of possible reasons why it's doing this.

3. alukun13

alukun13 New Member

Re:

Prior, my computer very rarely crashed except when I'd have this Sims3 problem. When it did, it specifically gave me information that it was about my hard disk, hence why I've gotten a new one. With my new hard disk, this problem continues. I generally play with my computer plugged in and I've started the game right after starting up my computer and this problem still occurs.

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Have you checked all the fans and vents to make sure it's getting plenty of cool air.
    I would download a program called RealTemp which let's you monitor temperatures in the case to see if there is the possibility of overheating.
    You might pop open the case and make sure all the wires and cables are connected good and tight.
    You might try disabling Aero if you have it turned on as it might be more than the video card can handle with the game at the same time although it shouldn't.
    There's just too many possibilities as to why it's doing this.
    Check and make sure the fan on the video card is working properly too and isn't full of gunk.
    When it crashes is it a complete shut down or just a blue screen and it reboots?